Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Touch Grind] Unofficial Map Editor Release! 1.0

Talking [Touch Grind] Unofficial Map Editor Release! 1.0
    Welcome all! Today I shall be presenting my TouchGrind park maker program!

Using information in this thread: MacThemes Forum / [Tutorial] Touchgrind Park Editing || roobi

I have created a basic map editor, allowing users to create their own skate parks for touch grind.
    This is the first release, I started work on this program about 7 hours ago, and now it is in a usable state. I give thanks to roobi, who wrote a thread on editing the xml of a map, which was the base for this project. MacThemes Forum / [Tutorial] Touchgrind Park Editing || roobi

Please try to spread this to any Touch Grind Communities you know of

The reason I used gamemaker was because it had all the simple functions I needed already built in, and it helped avoid a complicated C program that would have had far more bugs. I may update the program to C or C++ eventually.
    In the Editor:

In the Game:

( The colours are different because I modified the base textures)

Please comment on what you think of the editor

Download: Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

To get the parks onto your iPod you need to SSH/USB into your iPod, navigate to:
    private/var/mobile/applications
    Then you need to find the folder containing TouchGrind, go into the touchgrind.app folder and then into 'parks'.
    Backup the existing 'park-default.xml' and copy over your custom map created with the editor. Either reload touchgrind or just return to the touchgrind menu and reload the level.

I am currently working on making the editor 3d, where the objects added have 3d representations showing the relative heights and widths.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MistaGiggles For This Useful Post:

JasonFTW (04-12-2009)

koo my son likes this game

i dont undersdtand the interface at all. its a bit blurry but a nice concept. hopefully in the future versions i can understand it. nice job though.