+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orb on Iphone

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Has anyone else installed Orb yet ? I think it is amazing and easy to set up and use and one of the best apps I have installed. Streaming from
    Thanks

Default Orb on Iphone
    Has anyone else installed Orb yet ? I think it is amazing and easy to set up and use and one of the best apps I have installed.
    Streaming from my pc to iphone is smooth and the range and quality is amazing, webcam, movies, music, documents.
    Have a look at what you can do with it here..
    The Revolutionary OrbLive, get it now in the App Store | Orb Networks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I use it and its helpful, i don't need to download movies, music, documents or photos on the iphone. I can just stream them from my computer

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

I use Orb all the time. It's one of my favorite apps. With it I can watch tons of movies and don't have to worry about not having enough space on my iPhone for them. It's also easy to set up. I have my home PC sharing all of my movie collection as well as all of my documents, photos, and music. I can also access everything from all of my other computers on my home network.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

I used orb before but i didnt like it.Because when u far away ur pc,its useless.Just only time u can use it when u close to ur pc.But anyway its good prog. but need to be developed...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    I used orb before but i didnt like it.Because when u far away ur pc,its useless.Just only time u can use it when u close to ur pc.But anyway its good prog. but need to be developed...
    That is a downside for me as well. i'd want to use orb when away from home and when i am away from home I shut my PC off. Saves on the electric bill as well as the fact I dont like to leave things running on it unattended for too long even though I have hardware and software firewalls.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ya'll are paranoid. I have the Orb server running here constantly, as it's been for a long time, and I've never once had a problem with it, hardware or software. Orb itself worked fine the entire time I was in NYC for the week a couple of weeks ago and it worked as well as the lousy Manhattan data connections would allow with the iPhone. The computer itself uses less power than a 100w light bulb, hardly a concern. Live a little, it's a lot better than the iPhone's Slingplayer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgamber View Post
    Ya'll are paranoid. I have the Orb server running here constantly, as it's been for a long time, and I've never once had a problem with it, hardware or software. Orb itself worked fine the entire time I was in NYC for the week a couple of weeks ago and it worked as well as the lousy Manhattan data connections would allow with the iPhone. The computer itself uses less power than a 100w light bulb, hardly a concern. Live a little, it's a lot better than the iPhone's Slingplayer.
    Perhaps I am paranoid, but how can a 700w power supply run less than a 100w lightbulb? Although you just gave me an idea of what to do with the spare desktop sitting in my basement.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Easy, 19v @ 5A = 95w during normal operation. 700w is more suited for an oven or a hot plate. I wouldn't leave that monstrosity on 24 hours either.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Solid point mgamber. I'm still going to use the POS dell that is probably a power hog, but i'm paranoid when it comes to my mbp. Took me forever to save up for it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgamber View Post
    Easy, 19v @ 5A = 95w during normal operation. 700w is more suited for an oven or a hot plate. I wouldn't leave that monstrosity on 24 hours either.
    Maybe i should do it with my Macbook rather than the desktop then. I'm assuming Mac's pull less power ? (I'm still a mac noob)

I see you are in SE Pennsylvania, where about? We are practically neighbors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've just installed Orb and loving it, I'm streaming live TV to my iPhone. I have a Pinnacle PCTV to GO which I use to watch TV on my office PC via the net. With a bit of searching and configing, I've got Orb to recognise wirelessly the PCTV to GO and streaming it to my iPhone.

Downside is I can't change channels, it only streams one channel for me, but whatever channel I change to on my Virgin box it streams it through that one channel! I only ever use it to watch footie, so I just set the Virgin box (we have 2, so the missus won't touch this one) to the right channel before I leave the house! All this with the free version as well!

HAVA (the new software company in charge of Pinnacle's stuff) are said to be releasing an official player for the iPhone in the next few weeks!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The Hava Player works great on my iPhone 3Gs. I think it still costs $9.99 in the AppStore.