+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quip=MMS for iphone

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
well sorta. it sends a txt msg to the receiver of the message with a web link that can be clicked on (vs view my message)to see the MMS. you
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Quip=MMS for iphone
    well sorta. it sends a txt msg to the receiver of the message with a web link that can be clicked on (vs view my message)to see the MMS. you dont have to add or type anthing, just click the link in the text message. it works well on 3g and edge. tried it on new, and 1st release phone. Also save MMS fees as it only comes through as a text message. Searched and couldnt find anything on this. If it was talked about before, please don't flog me
    Last edited by seanobx; 12-12-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: addition
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Thanks

do u get this through cydia

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Google is your friend and you can find it the app store for free

Thanks
    But receiving MMS, you still have to go through the ViewMyMessage crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oolatec View Post
    But receiving MMS, you still have to go through the ViewMyMessage crap.
    yeah but at least this "solves" 50% of the problem! Unless its from another iphone user than it works! wife and i been sending pix back and forth
    Last edited by seanobx; 12-13-2008 at 04:57 AM.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Green Apple
    Thanks

thank gonna give this a try
    I'm not a Genius, but I can sure pretend to be one!
    If I helped you please press Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

what's the dif between this and Flutter?

Thanks

not sure, never heard of flutter. but quip works well so far. haven't had any issues.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

too bad it's for sending and not receiving. i only have a few friends with the iphone that i could use this for. what i need is an app that will change the stupid viewmymessage texts that i RECEIVE into clickable links.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

10. The Following User Says Thank You to billchase2 For This Useful Post:

fear000777 (12-29-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    too bad it's for sending and not receiving. i only have a few friends with the iphone that i could use this for. what i need is an app that will change the stupid viewmymessage texts that i RECEIVE into clickable links.
    true very true. but you can send to anyone who can get texts msgs and they have internet capabilty. not just to iphones. so the recieving part is not limited to just iphones, anyone can get it. The fact that this is an App Store app, is that this a sign that they are not to happy with At&T not letting us get MMS and offered this as a bone for us?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

This is just as dumb as Flutter, viewmymessage.com for everyone now....awesome. Just email to their phone number, its so much easier and they receive it as a pic message
    iLive an iLife

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why hasnt Apple made an MMS app for their phones? This SwirlyMMS is crap and theres pretty much no supprt for it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by loafomatic View Post
    Why hasnt Apple made an MMS app for their phones? This SwirlyMMS is crap and theres pretty much no supprt for it.
    Because Steve Mobs feels that MMS is an "old, outdated" technology.

Apparently having to get a piece of paper and a pencil to write down stupid passwords you then have to enter on some stupid website is way more advanced! So advanced, it rarely even works.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oolatec View Post
    Because Steve Mobs feels that MMS is an "old, outdated" technology.

Apparently having to get a piece of paper and a pencil to write down stupid passwords you then have to enter on some stupid website is way more advanced! So advanced, it rarely even works.
    lol....I honestly think apple is holding off on key features such as MMS, Video recording, copy & paste and REAL GPS because they dont want to give you everything all on one shot... for example: When the Dev Team unlocks the 3G next week...BAM! apple will soon come out with another firmware with a new little feature to distract the fact that they're trying to patch the unlock, and like the little fiends that we are..We go for the bait because we want MMS. Apple is just trying to stack up on ammo so they can go to war with the Hackers....Thnk about it...my 4 year old razor has mms and video recording...you're meaning to tell me that my $300 phone....the best phone on the planet doesnt?

i rather the person take a picture, develop it, put it in a envelope and mail it to me than get my message through viewmymessage.com

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    i rather the person take a picture, develop it, put it in a envelope and mail it to me than get my message through viewmymessage.com
    lol!
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Default Ha
    Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    lol....I honestly think apple is holding off on key features such as MMS, Video recording, copy & paste and REAL GPS because they dont want to give you everything all on one shot... for example: When the Dev Team unlocks the 3G next week...BAM! apple will soon come out with another firmware with a new little feature to distract the fact that they're trying to patch the unlock, and like the little fiends that we are..We go for the bait because we want MMS. Apple is just trying to stack up on ammo so they can go to war with the Hackers....Thnk about it...my 4 year old razor has mms and video recording...you're meaning to tell me that my $300 phone....the best phone on the planet doesnt?

Ha, honestly i have to agree man.
    Its pathetic.