Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TapDefence update now too hard!

Thanks

Default TapDefence update now too hard!
    Even on easy mode i cant get past level 31. The monsters move way faster than before and in bigger packs. You used to be able to sell stuff at a resonable price but you now only get 1/4 what you paid for them (im not talking about the tower cheat)

No matter how much i upgrade or placement, i cant do it!

I used to be able to beat hard mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't update because they said they disabled earthquake shaky shaky!!

Yeah, the game seems to be a lot more fine-tuned now. They got rid of the selling glitch and mobs are more balanced. I've already had to retool my tactics to get through easy and while you could get away with cannons and arrows before you NEED a storm tower at lvl 3 by level 28. I think I'm going to go with ice->storm-> rest on interest when it comes to halo's and see how I do.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

decided i didnt really need earthquake and updated, it's still pretty easy. I use arrows and cannons, save my gold buy interest then buy ice then storm. by the end of the game i have 4 storm towers on level 2 or 3

Thanks

well i even followed the "guide" and its out to lunch since the update. I cant get past level 34 no matter what now. Its time to leave it alone till next update or something

Finally managed to beat easy with 20 lives. The trick is 8 arrow towers first and NEVER spend more than your interest gains (except on the first 2-3 stages and stages 20 - get 1 or 2 more ice towers, 28 - max out an ice tower and cannons, and 33 - finish maxing out ice towers I think).

Picture taken right after killing the politicians.

time for medium.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001.png  

Thanks

Oh well, I tried. And will shortly post a pic that shows in true hardcore gaming fashion, how not to beat the game.

FAIL.

Oh, and here's my try at Happy Noodle Boy's tactic, I managed to horribly mess that one up too.
    Last edited by 461am; 12-14-2008 at 03:12 AM.

You have those storm towers way too early. The first 8 arrow towers will set the flow of how to upgrade. Also, cannons are your best friends. Here's how I go through the first 10 or so levels

1- 2 arrow towers, one upgraded to level 2 (I start at the bottom left of the 8)
    2- Upgrade the second tower to level 2.
    3- No upgrades OR upgrade 1 tower to level 3 depending on how the soccubi are doing.
    4- Upgrade 1 tower to level 3 (if you didn't last level) or no upgrades if you did.
    5- Upgrade your second tower to lvl 3
    6- With two level 3 towers, you should be able to get by without upgrades up to level 8 so don't upgrade here or on level 7.
    8- At this point you should have made +20 or more on the previous level, we're getting close a point where you should be able to get by without spending more than your interest. Build a third arrow tower. (you can actually get by with no upgrades here, it really depends on the strength/closeness of the wave)
    9- You should have made +24 or +25 here, build your first cannon tower (1 down and 1 left from your bottom left arrow tower)
    10- It's a tricky level if you want to min/max. Here the soccubus almost always come really clomped and you're sometimes forced to upgrade more than your interest. Start the wave with no upgrade and see how your towers do. Chances are you'll need to build a 2nd cannon only but if things look tough upgrade the third arrow tower to level 2.
    11- You should now have 3 arrow and 2 bomb towers and made around +30 from last wave. Upgrade your third tower to level 2 if it isn't already. Also, by now you should have 2 Halo's, increase your interest rate!
    12- With the increased interest, you'll be making close to 60 gold now. Build two more arrow towers and upgrade one to level 2.
    13- I made +63 on the previous level, so I can't just upgrade my arrow towers to level 3. I build 2 more arrow towers and upgrade another one to level 2. I know have 7 arrow towers: 2 level 3, 3 level 2, and 2 level 1.
    14- Time for the devil. You should have also made over 70 gold so upgrade one of the level 2 arrows to level 3.
    15- With the devil down, you get another halo. Research ice towers and build one. If you look back on my diagram I posted above, the first ice tower I place is the one furthest to the right. Also build the 8th arrow tower now.
    16- At this point your focus will be to start maxing out all your arrows without spending more than the interest. Upgrade one level 2 to 3 (you now have 4 level 3 arrow towers)
    17- Upgrade another level 2 tower to 3.
    18- You should now be making +100 on interest and have 3 level 1 towers left. Upgrade one of them to 3.
    19- Upgrade another arrow tower to level 3.
    20- Cat Lady level. If you're not prepared, you can get swarmed pretty bad here. By now you should have 7 level 3 arrow towers, 1 level 1 arrow tower, 2 level 1 cannon towers, and 1 ice tower. You also probably made around +125 last level. I like to play it safe here so what I do is upgrade my ice tower to level 2 and build a 2nd ice tower (the bottom one 461am first's diagram). I played it stupid just now and risked not putting a 2nd ice tower and lost one life because of it.
    21- Upgrade your 2nd ice tower to level 2.

At this point you're making close to +150 on interest, so upgrade your last arrow tower and start building and upgrade the cannon towers based on my diagram. build ice towers when you feel they're moving across to fast. Also, NEVER SPEND MORE THAN YOUR INTEREST. Halos should go to interest up until level 33 I think in which case you can research and start building storm towers.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 12-14-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks

Thx noodle. That did the trick finally!

No problem. You can apply the same build order for medium difficulty (put the arrows in the middle, then canons/ice on the bottom section).

Hard on the other hand is being a pain though I think I just figure out how to at least make it to level 20 without losing a life.

Thanks

The earthquake option is back in the newest update (released the next day wow!) which enabled me to beat medium, haven't tried hard yet. I put groups of cannons on the road to maximize splash damage and fill the entire rest of the board with arrows cause they're so cheap. Level 3 storm towers with level 3 ice near them do awesome damage!!

I beat this fairly easily even on hard... First never spent more them my interest gains. Secondly used first 2 halos for interest, next halo on ice, next 2 on interest, then next get storm. Started building arrows till I got about 20-30 through the stage. Then up grade them to max (it's about the time they are all upgraded to level 2 that I build a couple of ice) then I upgrade the ice (4 ice towers) to level 2 and start adding some more arrows and save up for storm. By the time I research storm I have about 5-7k dollars. Build 4 storms near the begining and by ice towers, and upgrade allong with my interest (which is quite a lot) if things get rough I'll add another storm or 2 and more arrows... Maybe a few cannons. At this point money isn't even a concern, I finished hard with $33k and 8 lives... I'll post a pic when I get home it's really crazy.

The fun thing is to beat it without losing any lives. I was about to post that I finally beat Medium with 20 lives but messed up against the politicians and lost 6 lives to them.

Here's my layout at the time right before some got through. My layout was pretty solid and I think it's the best I can do while min/maxing. I want to say the first 18-19 waves you can do with just 6 arrow towers and maybe 1-2 lvl 1 ice towers. If you learn when to upgrade those towers you can really push your interest earnings real high early on. After that you go exclusively cannons only with ice where I placed them.

Your endgame is and always will be level 28. This is the uber devil and hellbat. Basically, you want to blow ALL of your money here to make sure they don't get through. On the plus side, everything you spend just to kill this two should let you breeze up to level 34-35 without having to upgrade anything, letting you recoup your wallet. I think level 34 or 35 is the multiple demons one and with the halo from it you invest in storm towers then place them right in the middle. (there used to be arrow towers where my storm towers are).

I think my mistake was investing in the Earthquake tower. I'm pretty sure that with 1 more maxed out storm tower (4 should be enough, go with 5 to be safe) and 2 more ice towers I could have handled the politicians.

Oh and for halos: interest, ice, interest, interest, storm, whatever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001.png  

This is a big post but whatever. Here's a walkthrough I wrote for Medium (with pictures)

The first waves can be brutal depending on the spawns so sometimes 1-2 may sweep by this strat. It's the fault of the wave generator but unless you're going for 20 lives it won't matter. Changes with asteriks (*) on them means they're optional and if the wave is light you can survive without (be sure to move them up to the next wave though, don't skip!). I generally don't upgrade until I see the wave coming and decide whether the upgrade is necessary.

Waves:
    1- 3 level 1 arrow towers (where my 3 storm towers are in the picture)
    2- Upgrade left one to level 2
    3- Upgrade left one to level 3
    4- Upgrade middle one to level 2*
    5- Upgrade last one to level 2
    6- Upgrade middle to level 3 (this is probably one of the worst early waves on a flawless run since with 2 3's and 1 2 anything less than good when it comes to the spawn will go through and while upgrading the third tower to 3 is a possiblity it will really hurt you in a long run when it comes to interest)
    7- No change (hellbat)
    8- No change
    9- No change
    10- Upgrade third tower to 3 (also a pretty brtual wave if you're keeping it to bare minimum)
    Get interest upgrade
    11- No change
    12- Put a fourth tower to the left, upgrade to 3
    13- Put a 5th tower above far left, upgrade to 3
    14- Put a 6th tower above far left, upgrade to 3 (Devil here)
    Research ice towers
    15- No change
    16- Bottom ice tower, upgrade to 2
    17- Middle ice tower, upgrade to 2
    18- No change
    19- 3 cannon towers, upgrade one of them to 2
    20- Upgrade other 2 cannons to 2.
    21- fourth cannon tower and upgrade to 2. Third ice tower, leave at 1
    22- No change
    23- No change
    24- upgrade third ice tower to 2, build one of the bottom 2 arrow towers, upgrade to 3
    25- No change
    Get interest upgrade
    26- No change
    27- Upgrade two cannons to level 3
    28- UBER HELLBAT AND UBER DEVIL! Build and max out the entire bottom of my picture. Max out all 3 ice towers and the rest of the money goes to right side cannons.
    29- No change
    30- No change
    31- No change
    32- No change
    33- Build upper 3 arrow towers (max them), and ice tower (shouldn't need to ugprade it yet). This part is optional for this level, it depends on the wave of cannon-resisting demons
    Get interest upgrade
    34- If you didn't build it on wave 33, build what I wrote above now if too many cats get past the cannons (they should be weak enough for extra arrows to handle even though they resist arrows)
    35- No change
    Invest in Storm Towers
    36 all the way to 42 should be no change. Replace the middle arrow towers with storm towers when you see fit. I personally waited until level 38 before I placed my first one When you place them, max them out immediately. They cost 750 to build and max so I waited until I made around that much from interest (was making +638 on level 38). Also, feel free to max out the remaining ice towers/cannon towers you may have at level 2, even though it's not necessary.
    43- Politicians! Make sure you have around 4 storm towers and blow the rest of your money on whatever you want even though 4 storm towers + the rest of what you already have should be more than enough. I went with earthquake because it took me forever to get to this point and I was NOT going to lose a life now.

Attached are 3 pictures: My map after beating level 28 (where you blow everything you've saved), my final map at level 43 (didn't end up using the earthquake tower after all), and my score :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001.png   -002.png   -003.png  

looking for more TD games!

Quote Originally Posted by extralarge View Post
    looking for more TD games!
    7 Cities TD came out today and looks REALLY good.

Thanks

There is also FieldRunners. Another great game that i used to play lots till i got TapDefence

Finally beat hard on ver# 1.11!!!!!!

i pretty much filled the whole area with arrows till level 20 then started upgrading them slowly and adding bombs. The first 4 halos were interest then i did ICE then interest then Storm. Update only the important arrows and leave at least 6 on the edge to sell later and replace with storms. If you need more ice, sell some of the towers.
    Last edited by equlizer; 12-17-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost