Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best iPhone OFFLINE Browser?

Default Best iPhone OFFLINE Browser?
    What is the best OFFLINE iPhone browser? I mainly need to view saved wikipedia pages offline. I've searched and haven't come up with anything here.

The programs I have tried to use all have some sort of flaw.

1) Evernote
    Works on the PC fine and syncs fine. The offline browsing doesn't work properly even when I place the notes as a 'favorite' as the FAQ says. While offline, some of the notes load while some dont.

2) iPodia
    This is cool but while saving some of the wikipedia pages, the iPodia server does not respond and I get an error. This happens about 35% of the time which is a large amount.

I am looking for a reliable program that will allow me to view saved Wikipedia pages. What do you use to view pages offline?Thanks in advance for the help!

Have you tried iWebSaver ?

It caches your page as a hexadecimal url or something of the sort. Works well for offline browsing of singular pages.

try instapaper it's awesome

try wikipedia app downloads the whole wikipedia on your iphone like 2.5 gb

Thumbs up iWebsaver FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by plaxo View Post
    try wikipedia app downloads the whole wikipedia on your iphone like 2.5 gb
    Yeah...but it's plain text. Only. Cool idea - ugly execution.

x999x is right - this is exactly what iWebsaver was made for.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

I'd recommend Wikipanion Plus. I found it to be the best Wikipedia app. Just my 2c...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    I'd recommend Wikipanion Plus. I found it to be the best Wikipedia app. Just my 2c...
    Thanks for the tip - their ability to allow offline Wiki browsing makes them only the second app to do that. And it looks a lot nicer than the alternative.

Nice find.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.