Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brother in Arms wont run with winterboard

Unhappy Brother in Arms wont run with winterboard
    For what ever reason Brother in Arms will not start when winterboard is running. either switching to safemode or turning off all your theme seems to be the only fix. any other ideas or can we get a winterboard update?

EDIT:

So i tried less themes and it seems to work... changing the sounds on the iphone seems to be the issues? does it take more resources to change sounds then icons?
    Last edited by persichini; 12-02-2008 at 08:06 AM.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

I only have one theme installed and it won't run for me.

How do u force switch to safe mode?

ETA - I turned off everything in WINTERBOARD and it still won't run.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 12-02-2008 at 09:39 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think its winterboard causing the problem. I have turned off all of my themes, and restarted the phone, and it still wont load. According to the reviews on the app store, this is happening to a lot of people.

Edit: I was able to run it in safe mode.

You can force safe mode with SBSettings
    Last edited by Chefanim; 12-02-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Yeah I was also able to run it fine in safe mode, but not in the regular mode. It is not because of winterboard though, we just have to wait for an update which I'm sure they'll do sooner rather than later because of all the negative reviews they're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post

You can force safe mode with SBSettings

Where? I must be missing it somehow.

ETA - I found it thanks.

well i think the problem might be the fact that were running jailbroken phones. this game has really good graphics for an iphone game i'm guessing it needs every last bit of the system resouces to run. so will all of our background stuff running it probably doesn't have enough juice. which is why it works in safe mode. don't know if they'll be able to change that for us jailbroken users... or even want to.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    well i think the problem might be the fact that were running jailbroken phones. this game has really good graphics for an iphone game i'm guessing it needs every last bit of the system resouces to run. so will all of our background stuff running it probably doesn't have enough juice. which is why it works in safe mode. don't know if they'll be able to change that for us jailbroken users... or even want to.
    I doubt that is the issue, as it seems many people are having this problem ( from the reviews on the app store )

The ones that are saying they are only getting a black screen do not have a springboard wallpaper, so I think its safe to assume that some of them are not jailbroken.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

I hope we see a fix soon - but I'm not confident.

I posted something about it on their forums and they didn't even seem to be aware that an issue existed.

Brothers In Arms - iPhone, not working

What's Jailbreak? PStuLovesCrackk's Avatar
    Thanks

WTF i just kept exiting back to the menu and restarting the game and it worked!!!!! try it!!!!!!!!!!!! jailbroken 1st gen 8gb iphone

EDIT: tried again and it seems i hit a one and a million chance, it took over 2 min to work again............pooo!

EDIT 2: i did kept restarting like i said and now it works flawlessly, except it does go to the black screen for a couple secs and goes straight into the trailer1 so good luck!
    Last edited by PStuLovesCrackk; 12-02-2008 at 08:48 PM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah Ive tried everything and safe mode is the only way I can get it running.

Stinks cause this game seems purdy shweeet.

Just keeps crashing, finally got it to boot up by being persistent. I smell an eventual update to BIA or WB.

Quote Originally Posted by PStuLovesCrackk View Post
    WTF i just kept exiting back to the menu and restarting the game and it worked!!!!! try it!!!!!!!!!!!! jailbroken 1st gen 8gb iphone

EDIT: tried again and it seems i hit a one and a million chance, it took over 2 min to work again............pooo!

EDIT 2: i did kept restarting like i said and now it works flawlessly, except it does go to the black screen for a couple secs and goes straight into the trailer1 so good luck!
    i did it your way and got it to work, seems to work everytime now

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jaysmi29 For This Useful Post:

popmanbx (12-07-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone huey85's Avatar
    Thanks

I got it running with all my winterboard elements running.. just had to reinstall and restart. Takes about 5-10 seconds to get the game started up properly.

Game runs every time actually, I have WB running with tons of features enabled. Whats happening is the "Gameloft" screen does or doesn't show up. If it doesn't show up, let the game sit there for 12 seconds, you'll progress to the Gearbox screen and then the title screen.

LOL!

Yeah, I guess we're all a little over anxious to get into the game I reckon.

have anybody try isports yet winterboard and mobile substrate also caused this app to crashes

I received this message from Game Loft.

"Hi

We're sorry to learn of your difficulties.
    We are aware of the issue and we are working side by side with Apple developers to solve the situation as soon as possible.

For some users, we recommend to reinstall the application, and if that doesn't work, restore your device's firmware and install the application again. That should fix the issue for most customers.

If that didn't fix the issue, you can wait for our next update will coming soon in next week.

Thanks a lot and sorry again for the inconvenience."

ha reinstall my firmware lol hell noooooooo

yeah friggin right, how about you guys fix your ish lol. im glad i didnt par for it. good work on the game though

Yeah I couldn't help but laugh when I read that too.

Yeah, I'll do a restore so I can install one game.

ok guys check it.

if you have sb settings run safe mode run the game. play the stage just get killed. then hit home. you will still be in safe mode, then reboot. you will be out of safe mode. run the game you will see the black screen but with the background light. it will come on in 10 seconds.

cheerios mate lol. **** is nice wow

I started the game again this morning just for giggles and wouldn't you know it, it worked.

I did see the blank screen for 10-15 seconds then the video (couldn't exit the video) but once it was over I was able to play the game.

I'll test again later.

I wonder if we're just not being patient enough for it to load?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast