+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: making movies with iphone?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Dear all! Im new to the scene and very curious how i can get my iphone fw:2.2, original phone, shooting movies.. is there an app for this or can i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default making movies with iphone?
    Dear all!

Im new to the scene and very curious how i can get my iphone fw:2.2, original phone, shooting movies.. is there an app for this or can i use some mod without hacking my original iphone?

cheers,

Mifundum

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

nope you need to "hack" it and install cycorder, sorry
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

your iPhone an do more with jailbreaking (hacking) it then it's original state

Thanks

Yes you need to jailbreak and then go to Cydia. Install Cycorder, and you will be able to shoot movies! To find out how to jailbreak, check my sig.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for your replies. I must admit that i am a bit nervous about hacking my iphone. This because i have waranty/insurance on my phone, which i suppose will lose when i hack my phone right? Did you guys have originals or did u by em somewhere without a contract?

cheers

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mifundum View Post
    Thank you for your replies. I must admit that i am a bit nervous about hacking my iphone. This because i have waranty/insurance on my phone, which i suppose will lose when i hack my phone right? Did you guys have originals or did u by em somewhere without a contract?

cheers
    You can always use iTunes to restore your iPhone to its original state if you need to have the iPhone looked at by Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dude I was in the same boat as you when I bought my $300 iphone and couldn't do a lot of the cool stuff the most basic phones can do. I had my phone for 2 weeks and decided enough is enough so I jailbroke 2.1, when 2.2 came out I restored back to the original state running 2.2 kept it that way for ummmmmm maybe a whole 30 mins and then decided to jailbreak again. My reasons for jailbreaking was because of the annoying SMS notification that pops up when you get a text. I downloaded PYSL from cydia and no more stupid SMS popups. I also downloaded cycorder and have used it to shoot a few videos (quality is good for a free app). The winterboard is pretty cool as well because you can customize your screen to look a lot cooler than the standard iphone screen. Bossprefs is a good one to get if you want to hide the RARELY used Stocks app, Youtube app (at least for me). I would say YES it is common for most people to be nervous of hacking their phone because then you think who is looking at my info or something like that. I don't really know how the iphone OS works different from a computer's OS, because I wouldn't hack my computer and install 3rd party apps from some dude in his basement. Anyway I don't know if it is safe or not but if millions of others are doing it and having success I think it might be ok to give it a shot. If you do not like it or feel unsafe then simply restore it with itunes and it's like nothing was ever done ( so they say ).