Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot create iTunes account

Default Cannot create iTunes account
    Hi. I wanted to make an account without entering credit card details in order to download free apps. I have followed apple's official guide on how to do this, many other sites also give the same steps. However, when on the 'payment method' page, and when i select the 'none' option, i try to proceed to the next page but itunes gives me an error saying that i haven't entered my credit card details yet (obviously the problem is i selected 'none', i shouldn't have to enter my credit card details).

Here's apple support page giving the steps: Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,575 Times in 4,325 Posts

Same problem here!
    Anybody?

If you are reading thsi right now its probably because you have the same problems many of us have at this moment.
    Ever since Novermber the 22nd there has been an itunes registration problem. Even when you choose the none option it still asks you for a credit card and even when you type in credit card details it stil asks you for the same thing.
    IT is a bug.

Please go to this link http://discussions.apple.com/thread....03172&tstart=0 and make sure that you are heard by the itunes technicians. We hope you can pass this on!

Thanks for the confirmation, the link appears to be invalid though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I suggest anyone having problems use this link Apple - Support - iTunes Store - Contact and make a formal query/complaint

I suggest if you dont have an account, simply buy a low value itunes gift card click redeem and follow the prompts, this will allow you to set up an account without asking for any creditcard details. You will end up with a valid account that you have some credit on and if all you buy is free apps it will last for ever
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

Since i have tried to join with a credit card and tried to join with the none option and get different issues with both somehow I think there just might be an issue with a redeemed code as well.... I dunno....

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
    I suggest anyone having problems use this link Apple - Support - iTunes Store - Contact and make a formal query/complaint
    Yeah i did stumble on that support page but its stupid because i have to choose a sub category and there is none that fit my situation. Don't know why i can't just send an email to them without having to choosing all these categories and stuff.

Anymore news on this? With the gift card, can you still keep your account when you use up all the credit? And if so can you keep adding new redeem codes (like topping up credit)?

Quote Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
    Anymore news on this? With the gift card, can you still keep your account when you use up all the credit? And if so can you keep adding new redeem codes (like topping up credit)?
    Yes you can keep topping up by redeeming iTunes vouchers, I've had mine running a year like that. Have fun!
    Last edited by ericidle; 12-02-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Yes you can keep topping up by redeeming iTunes vouchers, I've had mine running a year like that. Have fun!
    Thanks. And great news! The account registration without credit card now works.