Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hotmail / MSN / Live app for iPhone finally here.

Default Hotmail / MSN / Live app for iPhone finally here.
    At last you can easily get your Hotmail on your iPhone. m•Box Mail is designed to help you get your Hotmail as you are used to getting your Hotmail. It is like the “native” or built-in mail application on the iPhone - only it speaks the Windows Live Hotmail protocol.

Finally, you can have your Hotmail messages and folders on your iPhone screen ready to use at a moment’s notice. No more trying to log onto a Web site and struggling through your email. Instead you can access your Hotmail, organize it, delete it and send it - all from your iPhone, with the familiar iPhone user interface you’ve become so adept at using.

dev Site here

On a side note I was on the Beta team with this app and it rocks, handles my Hotmail perfect, more enhancements are on the way

There is also a video on dev site of app in action.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to registered For This Useful Post:

WPeterson (12-16-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Freepops has served me well, but if this is any good then I'll glady use it.

Default It works
    This blows freepops out of the water, being able to get true hotmail functionality on my iPhone was the only thing left on my list of what I needed the iPhone to do. I had tried everything else including izymail (which was totally crap!)

I have 20 folders and over 2000 emails on my hotmail account, they are all now on my iPhone, I can read, write, delete and sync between iPhone and Hotmail.

It will also autofill your contacts from hotmail account.
    Last edited by registered; 10-22-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Presumably with Apples SDK restrictions this app won't regularly check for new messages and requires you to manually check?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

$9.99? Bluck, this is an email service apple should have included with the iPhone. It's nice that we have a solution, but I personally don't believe we should have to pay for this.
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 10-22-2008 at 11:21 PM.

how much better than freepops is this, i mean, to make people pay :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    how much better than freepops is this, i mean, to make people pay :P
    not used freepops for awhile but.

1. Can you send mail through Hotmail using freepops or just receive?
    2. Does freepops autofill your to:- field from online hotmail contacts?
    3. Does freepops show all your folders as per your hotmail account?
    4. Does freepops sync all those folders when you open app?

the answer to those questions and more is probably not, but that is why it is a paid app and for people with none jailboke iphones who do not know how to or do not want the hassle of freepops setup then its a good solution.

If freepops does the job for you then why part with cash for a paid app

regards

there's a better, faster and free way..

just forward everything to google gmail.

here's how :

you need
    -Gmail account
    -hotmail which you already have

heres the steps
    1) First open your gmail account, go to setting, then account, then under "send email as" click Add another email address, and then add your hotmail account info.

2) Then log into hotmail and confirm the gmail verification that you added the hotmail account

3) In Hotmail, go to Options, then select "Mobile alerts for new messages". Go through the steps (the verfication code could take upto 10 mins for you to get). Then when you are customizing the mobile service, select that you dont want to recive text alerts when you recieve an email. click next and back to hotmail when you save it.

4) Then in Hotmail, go to options, and select "Forward mail to another e-mail account". now add your gmail account, and it will let you.

5) Test it out, you should get your hotmail emails forwarded to gmail, thus your iphone
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    there's a better, faster and free way..

just forward everything to google gmail.

here's how :

you need
    -Gmail account
    -hotmail which you already have

heres the steps
    1) First open your gmail account, go to setting, then account, then under "send email as" click Add another email address, and then add your hotmail account info.

2) Then log into hotmail and confirm the gmail verification that you added the hotmail account

3) In Hotmail, go to Options, then select "Mobile alerts for new messages". Go through the steps (the verfication code could take upto 10 mins for you to get). Then when you are customizing the mobile service, select that you dont want to recive text alerts when you recieve an email. click next and back to hotmail when you save it.

4) Then in Hotmail, go to options, and select "Forward mail to another e-mail account". now add your gmail account, and it will let you.

5) Test it out, you should get your hotmail emails forwarded to gmail, thus your iphone
    Think you missed the whole point of a dedicated app for the iPhone! As this method is just basically the same as freepops in regards to functionality.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by registered View Post
    Think you missed the whole point of a dedicated app for the iPhone! As this method is just basically the same as freepops in regards to functionality.
    Yeah, but it is free to do it the other way

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Yeah, but it is free to do it the other way
    Price is not the issue it is down to functionality, if apple did it right there would not be a need for half the rubbish on app store and cydia!!

Price is not the issue it is down to functionality, if apple did it right there would not be a need for half the rubbish on app store and cydia!!
    i lol'd

Thanks

Price may not be an issue to you, but to some it is. Forwarding hotmail to gmail is quite functional.

If Apple didn't have the Appstore they wouldn't be making money from developers. So maybe they are doing it right...depends on which side of the fence you are on.

if it wasnt for jailbreaking, hacking and unlocking there wouldnt be an appstore. or quite frankly there wouldnt be 6m sales nor a 3g iphone. think about why u bought the iphone.

coz it rotates pics ? what else can it do ?

touche, i know but hey.

Thanks

I bought the iPhone so I can make phonecalls, text message, and surf the web. It does it well. The only reason my phone is jailbroken is so that I can theme it. The rest is a bonus.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally believe that an app that was made to fix something that should have come on the iPhone should be free. I jailbreaked my phone for fixes. I originaly got it for the same reasons as CaptainChaos. While I'm not the creator of the app, if I was, I would sell this for free. My opinions
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 10-22-2008 at 11:18 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

But I think since so many people, like myself, still use hotmail, wouldn't it be a smart idea to sell it for a price.

I mean, yeah ok I'm not gonna pay for it myself (I'm too cheap) but let's say:

Everyone has terrible foot fungus because shoes haven't been invented it. You however seemed to have found a way to create this mythical "shoe" and everyone wants it. Wouldn't you want to make a nice profit?

It took me ages to write that post on my iPhone, and I think I forgot what I was talking about. Moral of the story: When people want something, exploit it?

This post is terrible...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Renblade For This Useful Post:

jlatnyc (12-16-2008)

seems that u havent been using gmail.. i get absolutely no emails at all to my old hotmail. accont. Although facebook, ebay, msn etc is registered by my hotmail account, everything is forwarded to gmail going into their folders, notifications arive at my iphone, msn, facebook, ebay, forums are all in to their own folders.. basically.. gmail is the bomb..
    just try it for a week and u can turn back and thank me.

It's fine to make a nice profit, but charging $10 for this app is too much!! It would be appropriate to charge $1 or $2. They probably would make much more money overall because a lot more people would buy this app. For now, we will wait. If Apple puts it into the Mail.app application, this developer will not get one more penny. Sometimes it is foolish to be greedy. But each developer needs to decide which pricing strategy is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Renblade View Post
    But I think since so many people, like myself, still use hotmail, wouldn't it be a smart idea to sell it for a price.

Everyone has terrible foot fungus because shoes haven't been invented it. You however seemed to have found a way to create this mythical "shoe" and everyone wants it. Wouldn't you want to make a nice profit?

It took me ages to write that post on my iPhone, and I think I forgot what I was talking about. Moral of the story: When people want something, exploit it?

This post is terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Renblade View Post

This post is terrible...
    Dude you had me ROLLIN, LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast