+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps missing from Springboard

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I downloaded a few free apps via iTunes. I synced. The apps aren't on my springboard. Any idea why?
    Thanks

Default Apps missing from Springboard
    I downloaded a few free apps via iTunes. I synced. The apps aren't on my springboard. Any idea why?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    More info please!

Jail broken or not?

If jail broken try using poof and see if it is just hiding those icons, also try re springing that might make them show up.

If not jail broken maybe they just did not sync to your phone, try dl them directly from app store app.

Ive also had issues in the past where i had to restore and if i had apps categorized through categories when i would dl those apps they would not show up, so i would just dl poof and vuala! Just unhid those icons and they showed up.
    Last edited by yoshi9769; 10-21-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I tried Poof prior to my posting. I searched and saw that this solved it for some people. I'm most definitely jailbroken...since the command line days.

I think the problem is syncing. I have the apps in my iTunes but when I sync they don't sync to the phone. I have 'all applications' checked in iTunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you have QuickGold installed? I have found it to be a great way to search for your apps on your phone, whether hidden or not. If QuickGold cannot find it, it's not on your phone and a synching problem.

Also, make sure in iTunes when you phone is connected, under the Applications tab, that you have "All Applications" checked (and not Selected Applications). For some reason, sometimes mine switches to Selected Applications and my some of my apps don't get installed. So I have to switch it back to All Applications.
    Last edited by Nukie; 10-22-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Doh...I figured it out. You know when you get popups in iTunes and you have the option to 'never warn me again?' Well that was part of the problem. The other part is that the apps were for fw 2.1 and I'm on 2.0.2.

So I dl'd the apps not ever reading if they were compatible with 2.0.2. When I went to sync, normally iTunes will warn you of any sync errors. Well since I checked the never warn me again box it didn't warn me of any sync errors.

The way I found out was I right clicked in the left hand menu in iTunes and I chose, 'reset all warnings.' Once I did this I got the sync errors again.....doh.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow, never thought about firmware being incompatible, nice catch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nukie View Post
    Do you have QuickGold installed? I have found it to be a great way to search for your apps on your phone, whether hidden or not. If QuickGold cannot find it, it's not on your phone and a synching problem.

Also, make sure in iTunes when you phone is connected, under the Applications tab, that you have "All Applications" checked (and not Selected Applications). For some reason, sometimes mine switches to Selected Applications and my some of my apps don't get installed. So I have to switch it back to All Applications.
    yeah dude... quickgold is the greatest app ever. Quickgold + poof = any theme looks perfect.They are the ****.