+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help, Remove deleted app files from iphone

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was deleting apps from my iphone through iTunes to make room for newer apps, and noticed there wasn't much space being gained when removing the apps. I used iPhoneBrowser
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help, Remove deleted app files from iphone
    I was deleting apps from my iphone through iTunes to make room for newer apps, and noticed there wasn't much space being gained when removing the apps. I used iPhoneBrowser to look through my Applications folder and noticed all previously installed app files were still listed in the folder, even though many of them have been deleted from my iphone. So any app I had installed whether still on my phone or not, still has their files listed in the Applications folder. Is this normal? Is there any way to completely remove the remaining files? I tried to delete the files and the folders, but I keep getting an Unhandled Exception has occurred error, it says path not found. I'm assuming this is because technically the app is no longer installed, but why the remaining files? Are these files taking up space? Anyone have any suggestions or insights? Thanks

Thanks

try restarting the iphone and see if they are still there

if they are, try using idisk aide and delete them with that one

thanx button in advenced
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

zap1027 (10-18-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I'm using diskaid right now, and so far it looks like it's working perfectly. So, I gather whenever I delete an app from my phone, I should use diskaid to remove the file completely? Is this normal though? Well, either way, as long as I am able to delete the remaining files.. Thanks again!

Thanks

well its not really necesary to do this as itunes should handle this but im guessing those files were marked for deletion and probably required reboot maybe...hmmm, gonna delete some apps and look into this
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, it took me a while to delete all the extra files left in the Applications folder, there were quite a few. There were also some duplicate files for the same game, so I had to delete most of my apps and reinstall to make sure I had the correct files. Anyway, I tried deleting some other apps and then checked the folder to see if all the files were removed and they were, so I'm not sure what happened to cause such a mess, but I think it may have been when my phone froze up and I changed the Application folder name to Applications2 to trigger the phone to re-spring. I then changed the name back to Applications, and I had to resync since although the apps were still installed, the icons were not showing on the screen. I had to do that a couple times a few weeks ago, so that may have been what happened.