+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wunder Radio - Another Radio Tuner App

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
The staff at Weather Underground has brought out another nice addition to the iPhone. Their first over a year ago was an iPhone specific webpage for presenting their great weather
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Wunder Radio - Another Radio Tuner App
    The staff at Weather Underground has brought out another nice addition to the iPhone.

Their first over a year ago was an iPhone specific webpage for presenting their great weather products. iPhone Weather

The latest is a worldwide radio streaming app/player called WunderRadio. Adds a few cool features not found on other players. Things like local scanner feeds, local NOAA weather, traffic, etc. You can even request feeds, and they'll add them.

A bit pricey at $5.99 (v1.0 also), but worth my $. YMMV. Getting good reviews. Browsing channels, loading channels, all nice and fast. As all things that Weather Underground does, I'm sure it'll only get better.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...292233889&mt=8

It also plays well, so far for me, with Backgrounder.

No affiliation, just a long time customer.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a great app, well worth the $5.99 price tag. It has a very wide selection of available stations, and even has a good selection of scanner action. Today, I listened to a few minutes of the Maricopa Sheriff Department's doings out of curiosity.

I emailed the developer last Friday concerning a radio stream I'd like to see, and I got an answer overnight, saying that they would try to fulfill my request for the update due out sometimes today (Monday). Good customer service, to say the least.

Oh, and I agree with the OP - this app plays well with Backgrounder.

Thanks

A couple of other nice features that I've found while browsing and playing with the WunderRadio app.

The info displayed for stations is dynamic. You can see for example, what/whose talk show is currently playing (like sports/news commentaries).

And, each channel shows the stream quality.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default WunderRadio
    Just a clarification - I am spending the beginning part of this week working through all the 'errors' that users have submitted through the form that you can find if you click 'help' on the now playing page. I plan to push a new version to the App store review process Thursday or Friday, and it will probably take 7 days to be approved or something like that.

I have fixed a bunch of bugs, the stations in Israel seem to work in my new version. Almost all of them are broken in the old version.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alansteremberg For This Useful Post:

GADeputy (10-16-2008), tommy202 (10-14-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

This app rocks

Thanks

Thanks for the great support, Alan. Incidentally, I'm the "ESPN 980" guy.

I do have another question:

What's my best recourse in dealing with the "memory low" error? Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Installed this radio app last night and was quite impressed. It picks up loads of UK stations but is still very buggy. It crashed back to the springboard quite a few times. But when it works its great.

It is supposed to work over 3G, Wifi or Edge but only works over wifi for me. It goes to the radio player screen but always says Loading and the gprs (edge icon) stops spinning after and few seconds. Because I have a first generation iphone on tmobile with no edge in my area does this mean I can only use this app on wifi? (I am in the UK bu the way)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    Installed this radio app last night and was quite impressed. It picks up loads of UK stations but is still very buggy. It crashed back to the springboard quite a few times. But when it works its great.

It is supposed to work over 3G, Wifi or Edge but only works over wifi for me. It goes to the radio player screen but always says Loading and the gprs (edge icon) stops spinning after and few seconds. Because I have a first generation iphone on tmobile with no edge in my area does this mean I can only use this app on wifi? (I am in the UK bu the way)
    I have a 3G iPhone and WunderRadio has never crashed on me. I also don't have Winterboard installed (I don't know if you do or not). I find that WunderRadio works great with EDGE. However, if I try to listen in airplane mode with wifi on, the stream will stop after about twenty minutes; I'm not sure why.

That being said, WunderRadio is a great app.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree, this is an amazing app! unfortunately, they don't have a hand full of my favorite radio stations, but i just submitted a ticket so hopefully they'll be available soon!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Fantastic app love it! Now i am able to listen to radio 1 over 3G no problem at all and xfm, Forth 1!! Been waiting for this for ages and its magic. Thanks

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

This app is awesome! Love how you can listen to the police, fire, EMS scanner! Just wish there were more areas in Michigan... I am going to request and hopefully they will get it in my area.... just amazing!

This is to good to be true! Can't believe they came up with something like this! Great price and worth every penny!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    This is a great app, well worth the $5.99 price tag. It has a very wide selection of available stations, and even has a good selection of scanner action. Today, I listened to a few minutes of the Maricopa Sheriff Department's doings out of curiosity.

I emailed the developer last Friday concerning a radio stream I'd like to see, and I got an answer overnight, saying that they would try to fulfill my request for the update due out sometimes today (Monday). Good customer service, to say the least.

Oh, and I agree with the OP - this app plays well with Backgrounder.
    how did you contact the dev? i submitted a ticket the other day but haven't heard anything back yet. did you actual email them? if so, what was the address?

thanks!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    how did you contact the dev? i submitted a ticket the other day but haven't heard anything back yet. did you actual email them? if so, what was the address?

thanks!
    I used the help tab that appears when you have a stream playing within the app. Make sure you enter your email address correctly.

BTW, if you don't know already, an update came out yesterday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    I used the help tab that appears when you have a stream playing within the app. Make sure you enter your email address correctly.

BTW, if you don't know already, an update came out yesterday.
    thanks for the info!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is a great app and has a very awesome selection of stations.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default App Not Working
    I just downloaded this app to my iPod Touch. When I tap on the icon, it goes to another page and says "loading" and just seems to hang there. Does this take awhile to start up? Or am I doing something wrong? All my other apps worked right away.

Thanks

Hmm..I've not seen this problem, either connected via EDGE or WiFi.

Have you tried rebooting and/or removing and then re-downloading? Not the best of answers I'm sure, but it's about all I'd know to do.

I think someone from Weather Underground (username alansteremberg posted #4 response above) is subscribed to this thread....maybe they can respond/help?

HTH.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

This app rocks

Green Apple
    Thanks

three words.SIMPLY THE BEST !!! well worth the money decent uk stations at last radio 2 on my iphone,mr wogan i can hear you anywhere now

Thanks

unfortunately, it's not as good as it used to be since clear channel made them get rid of all their stations. the clear channel radio app sucks...