Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wunder Radio - Another Radio Tuner App

Has anyone got this to work on a gprs connection. I cant get edge and it only works on wifi for me.

does anyone run into problems streaming radio stations on 3g for long periods of time ie. couple hrs? for some reason i get frequent disconnects and i have to reload whatever radio station im listening to at the moment. nonetheless its a very good app!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I use this app to tune my local radio stations so I can rock t my local stations and listen to traffic and weather like I would in the car normally. My only complaint about the iphone was no FM tuner....... now it is complete.

I've been using it for a little bit now and love it.

~ ONE1 approved.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Default Works Now!
    I figured out the problem (well, my husband did). It has to do with the complicated way that we have to sign into our Wi-Fi set up, which I didn't know about. All is fine now, and I can say, great app! Just wish it had a few more country and rock stations. But I'm still happy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

I was wondering if I could listen to Radio 5 Live on this while in the US. Thanks. I would love to listen to the games live while at work. Any other suggestions would be great too.

Thanks
    ya radio 5 Live does indeed work. All you need to go is direct the search to BBC and you'll get all the available BBC shows including Radio 1 and 1Xtra as well as all the BBC world news channels. Also, if you find a internet radio station that you like particularly all you need to do is copy the url of the stream or the website that the stream plays on and it'll show up if it has been added to their server.

Thanks

Thanks dnbsteez....I got it and it works great!!!

is there a way to contact the developer, or a support website or support email addr somewhere for the WunderRadio app?
    (I tried PM'ing adamsteremburg but no reply yet...)

I have exactly one and only one station out of many that I've tried that I can't get a reliable stream ("Audio stopped" message almost every try).

sadly, it's basically the one main station I was hoping to listen to with this app. otherwise, the app seems to work well, tons of other stations available - just need to find a way to fix this one station!

thanks in advance

a followup to my own question - the developer (Adam) replied to my PM and supplied me with a temporary fix, meanwhile v1.2 is now out in the AppStore and that also fixes my problem.

the app came in handy this week while I was out of town, I'm a happy user now!

thanks Adam!

Will it play any BBC streams? I believe they're RealAudio....

Steve

There are a lot of BBC stations that come up when searching within the app. Just did this.

Thanks

The only problem is that is does play Radio 5 Live, but doesn't play when they are streaming live audio commentary on games....damn BBC....

[OT] I wonder if the BBC will ever open up their iPlayer streaming to outside of the UK? Hmm... I wonder if Adobe will ever release Flash (so iPlayer will work) for iPhone? :-)

Steve

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    does anyone run into problems streaming radio stations on 3g for long periods of time ie. couple hrs? for some reason i get frequent disconnects and i have to reload whatever radio station im listening to at the moment. nonetheless its a very good app!
    That happens on EDGE and wifi as well. That's the only negative aspect of WunderRadio as far as I'm concerned.

How do I find out what happened to Detroit Sports radio AM 1130 WDFN?

I bought this app 100% for streaming this station (since i live in Dallas but like listening to my old Detroit sports station) and it worked for a few weeks, and then totally disappeared from the list of stations.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjf8 View Post
    How do I find out what happened to Detroit Sports radio AM 1130 WDFN?

I bought this app 100% for streaming this station (since i live in Dallas but like listening to my old Detroit sports station) and it worked for a few weeks, and then totally disappeared from the list of stations.
    I think I read that all ClearChannel stations were removed at ClearChannel's request.
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 11-29-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot an apostrophe!

In search of the entire list of http:// (urls) that WunderRadio uses for ScanAmerica.us and RadioTime Scanners.

WunderRadio cuts off the entire http:// (urls) when you load it in the app.

I want to input them into pocket tunes to see if they might work in that app.

WunderRadio does not behave nicely with insomnia and tends to disconnect fairly often on t-mobile edge t-zones.

I checked the ScanAmerica.us and RadioTime Scanners websites but a nogo.

It works great otherwise.

Any input.

UK users, does this app have the BBC (radio 1 primarily), Galaxy, Real Radio (formerly Century) and metro etc?

I'll be very tempted to buy it if it does

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    UK users, does this app have the BBC (radio 1 primarily), Galaxy, Real Radio (formerly Century) and metro etc?

I'll be very tempted to buy it if it does
    It has BBC radio and also Galaxy, thats one of main reasons i got it. It's the best app for radio i've used on the iphone.

Brilliant thanks! Does it stream them at good bitrates? Obviously it depends on the specific station. How well does it sound over 3G? Does it drop the bitrate depending on the data service (GPRS, 3G, WiFi etc) being used?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12