Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with so called warez?

Default Problem with so called warez?
    This is a serious question i just want to know out of curiousity, but ive used a couple of these types of sites, which include this site as well as appleiphoneschool.com, to jailbreak my iphone.

How come these sites our so against having any information about cracked apps on their sites. I could understand if these sites just gave information about new iphone firmwares and new app store releases, but the whole site if full of how to mod the iphone (its even in the name) and put unauthorized applications on the iphone and touches. For some reason they get all high and mighty like somehow cracked apps have crossed a line thats a crock. Im sure apple is more pissed that your helping jailbreak these devices than people getting free apps seeing as how there are so many free apps in the store.

Im not taking a shot at this site, i use it all the time to help with my phone, just wanted to know why its such a big deal. p.s as im typing this an iphone ad is on tv and they showed two iphone games that i got for free because of cracked apps. that makes me laugh.

I'm sure Apple is NOT more upset with jailbreaking. Jailbreaking does little if anything to their bottom line. Warez however take money directly out of their pocket. Did you really need to be told this?

As for why sites frown upon it, same reason. If this or any other site gets flooded with warez discussions and/or starts hosting files via their upload system, Apple will come with fists flying, thereby shutting them down and taking ad revenue directly out of the pockets of the site owners. And I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out either.

As for the reason sites get "high and mighty", maybe it's because warez is stealing, and stealing is illegal. Duh.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
    I'm sure Apple is NOT more upset with jailbreaking. Jailbreaking does little if anything to their bottom line. Warez however take money directly out of their pocket. Did you really need to be told this?

As for why sites frown upon it, same reason. If this or any other site gets flooded with warez discussions and/or starts hosting files via their upload system, Apple will come with fists flying, thereby shutting them down and taking ad revenue directly out of the pockets of the site owners. And I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out either.

As for the reason sites get "high and mighty", maybe it's because warez is stealing, and stealing is illegal. Duh.
    couldn't have said it better myself
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

phatcamero merely just expressed his opinions... he just thinks modding iphones is just as illegal as stealing from devs. No need to get angry people...

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Play nice folks.

FYI...you see why we went from modmyiphone to modmyiffone and now to modmyi .... Apple's lawyers are coming down on us daily (I'm sure they have their people as our members on here watching us daily)...therefore, we have to watch it.

Play it safe...or soon we won't have a place to play at all.

Thanks for understanding guys...still MMI is one great site, isnt it?
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 09-23-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks

Warez is not allowed. There are many reasons.
    1. Under the DCMA Unlocking Phones is Perfectly Legal.
    2. Stealing Apps From Hardworking Dev's Is BAD AND ILLEGAL.
    3. If Warez was hosted here, im sure the local authorities would have some nice things to say to cash and p_f, this site would probably be shut down, because unlike TPB, we are hosted in the United States.

Closed.
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 09-23-2008 at 06:11 PM.