Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Would you Buy This? (iFood) Feedback Please.

Thanks

Default Would you Buy This? (iFood) Feedback Please.
    Hi all,

I am soon to launch my App on the App store targeting the Bachelor. ($AU4.99)

This App is a 2 week fully inclusive cooking & recipe guide for all your bachelor needs. Cooking for yourself, (B/fast, Lunch, Dinner) to Dating, Entertaining friends (BBQ) & to "Impress that Girl" on a special night with your cooking, entree main & dessert, + a wine match for the food (2 courses) App will be updated for the seasons, on all locations.

As this is my first ever attempt at this sort of thing, I don't expect to become rich from it. But I will but it on MMI for feedback from users whom may get some use out of it & give me some feed back on your thoughts + improvements.

A little about myself, I am a Chef of 22 yrs experience, now a Cooking Teacher, trained in Australia (Hyatt Hotels) fined tuned my skills in Europe for 8 yrs (Michelin Star Restaurants) & USA in Fine Dinning Restaurants. All my recipes are fool proof, very easy to follow, Grocery list, built in timer for cooking times & Prep time, choose from Cel or Feh & will work for the first time cooks.

Stay tuned for a link to this app, all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Questions please don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks

I'd likely use it. Something else a great many friends say is lacking in these sorts of proggies is the ability to calculate calories based on ingredients and volume. If you could add that sort of thing, you'd be far ahead of the group.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Thats 1 of the extras I am going to implement , Sorry I left that out. What do you think of the price? most likely around $US4.00 @ current exchange.

Thanks

$2.99? I'd go higher myself but....

Thanks

Cheers for the feedback... I would like to bump the price up a little (with the huge amount of hours I have put into this, BUT enjoyed every minute of doing it) as this is my 1st app & the market I wish to aim at, think I will keep it around this price.

But be sure you will be my first tester. Thanks again Nick

Thanks

depends who your targeting most. The people that really need this app for your price qoute. Are the app junkies that buy everything that's .99 cents. The dollar apps have out sold the others by a great margin. So you sell 100 for $4.00 or 1000 for .99 cents. It's a tricky but clever thought. Also as a food lover Id buy it for more if it does all that's promised and gets me her jeans. LOL

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

When you say 2 week... what is meant by this? Does that mean you go 2 weeks without repeating a recipe a single time? The price is probably good, but I would start at 00.99 and then work my way up once it becomes more popular. Even at a dollar if half the people that own an iphone pick this app up it will net you a pretty good chunk of change. Maybe make different styles in different cookbooks, that way you can sell more of them.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Sounds like a good idea, BUT...

For something like this, where you are going to be providing updated content, you really want a system where you have a subscription model. $2.99 a month or something, not just a $5 flat fee up front.

Good luck with your app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    depends who your targeting most. The people that really need this app for your price qoute. Are the app junkies that buy everything that's .99 cents. The dollar apps have out sold the others by a great margin. So you sell 100 for $4.00 or 1000 for .99 cents. It's a tricky but clever thought. Also as a food lover Id buy it for more if it does all that's promised and gets me her jeans. LOL
    Great idea, I never thought of it that way, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    When you say 2 week... what is meant by this? Does that mean you go 2 weeks without repeating a recipe a single time? The price is probably good, but I would start at 00.99 and then work my way up once it becomes more popular. Even at a dollar if half the people that own an iphone pick this app up it will net you a pretty good chunk of change. Maybe make different styles in different cookbooks, that way you can sell more of them.
    Yep 2 weeks without repeating anything at all, many different cuisines will be covered & other options if you don't like that style of food.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, BUT...

For something like this, where you are going to be providing updated content, you really want a system where you have a subscription model. $2.99 a month or something, not just a $5 flat fee up front.

Good luck with your app.
    With the update content, to tell you the truth I have no idea, will need to look into this further, might have to go in other avenues.

Thanks

Hopefully be all done very soon, a few hurdles at the moment but getting closer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Bachelors don't cook.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Lazy arse trailer trash bachelors don't cook. The rest of us are looking forward to it nickh!

Thanks

I would pick this up for sure. I love to cook and this sounds like it would be a great help. Good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Bachelors don't cook.
    Then maybe this app might give you a little inspiration

** Still looking for a Dev to help me with a few things, so if any come across this thread... please contact me for further details.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Lazy arse trailer trash bachelors don't cook. The rest of us are looking forward to it nickh!
    No bachelors in general don't cook. You wouldn't really get a sense of that living up in fairy tale land above the magic border.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    No bachelors in general don't cook. You wouldn't really get a sense of that living up in fairy tale land above the magic border.
    Wow, you actually admit there's other countries besides the US? I'm impressed. I cook, and I'm a bachelor, as do all of my bachelor friends. Maybe we above the "magic border" are a little bit less lazy, but I'd say most American bachelors would also have an issue with your blanket statement.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I will buy it. I cook all the time. The issue I face is getting into a rut where I run out of things to cook so I always google recipes. This will eliminate having to search for 2 weeks.

This will also help at the grocery store so that I can make an intelligent shopping list instead of being random. Count me in.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

wow an Australian app thank god theres one now, ive had enough of Aus not being supported
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Here are some other thoughts on a recipe/cooking app: Recipe App - Mac Forums . One great idea would be to type in the ingredients that you have, and the app would make suggestions for dishes that you can make! That would be extremely helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast