Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing app store applications onto 1.1.4 jailbroken phone

Default Installing app store applications onto 1.1.4 jailbroken phone
    Since 2.0+ seems to cause so many upgrade problems, has anyone figured out how to install app store applications onto a 1.1.4 jailbroken phone?

Wraysbury, UK

I dont think so... and I dont think anyone is trying to figure this out as I think the framework for 1.1.4 is different from 2.0+ so I do not think it can be done. In all fairness though, upgrading to 2.0+ is pretty easy and so far I have had no problems.

Never going to happen. Update to 2.1.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    San Francisco

Why do so many people still want to use 1.x at all even? I never had an iphone before July so I didnt get to experience anything but 2.x with 3G.

I've upgraded to 2.0.1 and i never regret. Yes there are some difficulty when installing it, which includes the fact that the upgrade process instructions weren't clear enough. Anyways, I got through it, and I am enjoying the 2.0 FW. All the apps that appstore offer is pure awesome, none of those quality app can even compare to the app from 1.1.4 at all. Note that I was a big fan of 1.1.4 app before i upgrade, and right now, it totally changed my mind.

IMO, definiately worth upgrading.

2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2 were buggy, but 2.1 is WAAAAAAAY better than all 3 of those versions. Upgrade to 2.1 and you will not be disappointed...