+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Air Sharing for iPhone - Get it while itís Free!

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by iphonestan its simple and gives you great way to share files without giving too much info away to friends to ssh into your device That's another very
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonestan View Post
    its simple and gives you great way to share files without giving too much info away to friends to ssh into your device
    That's another very good point. That, and some of my friends dont want to bother with jailbreak but could use this type of feature.

Thanks

Anyone notice that the AirShare web icon in your browser's url bar is strikingly similar to the Datacase app icon? lol

Thanks

I wasted my money on Datacase. Never connected
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

This works great for quick access to Dtunes downloads.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Opened up a 30Mb PDF file... : ) Too bad FileMagnet didn't keep up... though I prefer the FileMagnet interface.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    This works great for quick access to Dtunes downloads.
    The symlink works well in a browser, but I can't browse that same symlinked folder locally in AirShare, can you? For me it just appears as a file, however on my desktop's browser it appears as a folder and works just fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Thanks! I had to do some research but need a few more peices to make it work.

Where is the Air Sharing's install path?
    I found the applications folder where all the jailbreak apps go, but I'm assuming the appstore location is elsewhere. I'm learning fast but just need that final bit. thanks
    It's /private/var/mobile/Applications/F36CA6A5-942D-4EFF-B382-5D98095C13AC

on mine. Your directory may be different.

OneRing2Rule

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    The symlink works well in a browser, but I can't browse that same symlinked folder locally in AirShare, can you? For me it just appears as a file, however on my desktop's browser it appears as a folder and works just fine.
    Same here, x999x. Even when I edit the symlink to /private/var/mobile/Library/Documents (getting around the "var" symlink) it doesn't work.

I think that's going to be the way that Air Sharing displays symlinks. I'll keep working on it.

OneRing2Rule
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 09-10-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum so bear with me.

I recently downloaded Air Sharing and can't get it to work with Windows Vista. I'm currently connected to a University wireless network which only allows me to have 1 IP address at a time, you have to register your devices iwth the school so it detects if you try to use more than one. Will i still be able to use this application? If so, how do i connect? Right now it says "network unavailable" and i don't know where to go from there. Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope. Each device has it's own IP address. If you're wireless on both, it won't work. Air Sharing won't connect over Edge or 3G, even though they have IP addresses, too. Just wireless.

Maybe one can connect "publicly"? Can you connect your iPhone wirelessly while your laptop/desktop is connected?

Sorry....

OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    Same here, x999x. Even when I edit the symlink to /private/var/mobile/Library/Documents (getting around the "var" symlink) it doesn't work.

I think that's going to be the way that Air Sharing displays symlinks. I'll keep working on it.

OneRing2Rule
    Thanks for the confirmation. I guess its no big deal, but I would like access to those folders :P

Oh, I've recently added the DCIM folder as a symlink to the airshare folder as well, works as a nice way to browse your photos through a web browser

Green Apple
    Thanks

i was about to post this!.. AWESOME!.. needs to be on the front page..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This app is awesome, with the job i do i usually have a few memory sticks in my pocket, no need now...

Massive thumbs up to the creators of this..

I agree with the other posts this app should be front page..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Thanks

Default Vista 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    It does look like an awesome app but it's a pain trying to get it working on Vista-64. I can access it through a web browser but I can't add files to it or add it to my network.

(I've installed the "fix" they suggest, tried 2-3 WebDAV clients, nothing works for me )
    Exactly the same here

Tried on both Vista-64 and Vista-32

Nomatter how I enter the address I still get this error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air Sharing for iPhone - Get it while itís Free!-screenshot.jpg  
    Last edited by Adamos; 09-11-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added screenshot
    Go to SW and take the FP to IF and HS to SW again and check the AH?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Did you get the patch from Microsoft-as it says in the "?" section? I did that and it works.

My question:

What do you actually do with this program? I've set it up, tested it out by putting an Mp3 file in there and it worked. Now what? I just look at the file and say "wow, i moved a file over the air"? If I wanted to email that mp3 could I? Sorry to sound like such a noob, but i'm a bit confused with its use.

Edit: I should add. Although, my "wow, I moved my file..." line was sarcastic, I do get adding a PDF or Word docs that you may need for work, to folders is handy, so you can read them on the go or something...
    Last edited by Shinner23; 09-11-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Did you get the patch from Microsoft-as it says in the "?" section? I did that and it works.

My question:

What do you actually do with this program? I've set it up, tested it out by putting an Mp3 file in there and it worked. Now what? I just look at the file and say "wow, i moved a file over the air"? If I wanted to email that mp3 could I? Sorry to sound like such a noob, but i'm a bit confused with its use.
    You mean the update from microsoft for web folders. Of course i've installed those and same as Happy Noodle Boy I also tried some webDAV apps.
    Go to SW and take the FP to IF and HS to SW again and check the AH?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

It was posted in their support forums, but it seems that Vista-64 users (and some others) are SoL until the next update. The good news is that they already think they found the cause of the error. The bad news is they have no idea how soon the update will be pushed to the AppStore.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

MobileFinder does pretty much the same stuff (wireless file sharing, file browsing in any browser, many supported file types, etc) except for some of the user interface stuff (like password protection, bonjour/webDAV support [which is on its way for mobilefinder], sleep off, page controls) but MobileFinder does have some better features in its own right (like file zipping, copy/pasting/moving files around [which personally sealed the deal for me], file details/permissions). And I'm not sure about Air Sharing but I can make a FTP folder on my desktop which links directly to my MobileFinder folders to drag and drop. Yes, MobileFinder is $1.99 but I support them because of what they've done for us in the past (pre-appstore), besides Air Sharing will only be cheaper for little while.
    Last edited by elr0y7; 09-11-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Thanks

kool thx for the info

Thanks

has anyone had any success sharing their Cycorder videos?

/private/var/mobile/Media/Videos

I can create the symlink, but it refuses to appear in the Air Sharing folder list.

Same deal with MxTube

/private/var/mobile/Media/MxTube

if anyone knows the solution, please advise. all permissions are standard and when clicked in SSH, the links work properly. but Air Sharing acts like they don't exist.

Thanks

hey before I install it can someone give me an example, like if I had a word doc or a .txt what would i have to do? where does the file go?