+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spore delayed for iphone!!

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
O DEAR ME !! who cares , this pc version wasnt as good as i thought . beat it 10 days before it was released . Spore for iPhone "later
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation Spore delayed for iphone!!
    O DEAR ME !! who cares , this pc version wasnt as good as i thought . beat it 10 days before it was released .

Spore for iPhone "later this month"
    iPhone version of Spore not going to appear on App store today

Mark Hattersley

Electronic Arts' hotly anticipated game, Spore, is now set to go on sale "later this month" according to a press release just issued by the company.

This contradicts an earlier statement by Will Wright, at the Apple Store in London, who said Spore for the iPhone would go on sale today.

The hotly anticipated game is now on sale for the Mac, PC and Nintendo DS formats, but it seems the iPhone version has been delayed. No further information has been given as to the discrepancy.

Further information on the game was revealed, however. It will use the accelerometer as players turn and twist their created creatures throughout the world of primordial ooze. The iPhone game features just the first stage of life's creation, unlike the Mac game that has creatures evolving into full land- and then space-based lifeforms.

EA also announced a raft of other games in development for the iPhone. These are

- YAHTZEE Adventures
    -EA Mini Golf
    - Lemonade Tycoon
    - Mahjong
    - MONOPOLY: Here & Now The World Edition
    - SimCity
    - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
    - Need for Speed Undercover
    - The Sims 3

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

;( Sad day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

CRAP!
    I was looking forward to this all week...
    Fine. I was planning on buying it, but just cause I'm pissed, I'll download the cracked one instead.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 View Post
    ;( Sad day.
    no, the pc version wasnt as good as ithought it was , beat the whole game in 2 days (10hrs)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsr101 View Post
    no, the pc version wasnt as good as ithought it was , beat the whole game in 2 days (10hrs)
    Lol, I thought you said 10 days before it was released?

O DEAR ME !! who cares , this pc version wasnt as good as i thought . beat it 10 days before it was released .

Spore for iPhone "later this month"
    iPhone version of Spore not going to appear on App store today

Mark Hattersley

Electronic Arts' hotly anticipated game, Spore, is now set to go on sale "later this month" according to a press release just issued by the company.

This contradicts an earlier statement by Will Wright, at the Apple Store in London, who said Spore for the iPhone would go on sale today.

The hotly anticipated game is now on sale for the Mac, PC and Nintendo DS formats, but it seems the iPhone version has been delayed. No further information has been given as to the discrepancy.

Further information on the game was revealed, however. It will use the accelerometer as players turn and twist their created creatures throughout the world of primordial ooze. The iPhone game features just the first stage of life's creation, unlike the Mac game that has creatures evolving into full land- and then space-based lifeforms.

EA also announced a raft of other games in development for the iPhone. These are

- YAHTZEE Adventures
    -EA Mini Golf
    - Lemonade Tycoon
    - Mahjong
    - MONOPOLY: Here & Now The World Edition
    - SimCity
    - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
    - Need for Speed Undercover
    - The Sims 3

Last edited by nfl46; 09-07-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I sincerely doubt that. Not only can you spend hours and hours and hours making your creature, your buildings, your ships, your anthem, your UFO, the Space Phase alone is over half of the game itself. Alliances, wars, secret worlds, the mystery of the Grox and center of the galaxy.

Hell, our very own solar system is hidden somewhere, and there's also fantasy worlds. You can't do that in 10 hours even if you tried.

AND ANYWAYS - the game is all about making stuff, not burning through the stages to reach an "end". Come to think of it, what do you think the "end" is, since the game doesn't have one? Now if you'll excuse me, my race of cyber-godzillas have to deal with the imminent threat of C'Thuns while keeping my alliance with a merry band of Psyducks.

PS: pirating the game 10 days before it comes out screws you out of the best and main reason to get this game: online content. Seriously, the maxis creatures are nice but until your tribe gets attacked by a giant Chinese Crested Pomeranian you don't know what you're missing.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 09-07-2008 at 09:52 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I sincerely doubt that. Not only can you spend hours and hours and hours making your creature, your buildings, your ships, your anthem, your UFO, the Space Phase alone is over half of the game itself. Alliances, wars, secret worlds, the mystery of the Grox and center of the galaxy.

Hell, our very own solar system is hidden somewhere, and there's also fantasy worlds. You can't do that in 10 hours even if you tried.

AND ANYWAYS - the game is all about making stuff, not burning through the stages to reach an "end". Come to think of it, what do you think the "end" is, since the game doesn't have one? Now if you'll excuse me, my race of cyber-godzillas have to deal with the imminent threat of C'Thuns while keeping my alliance with a merry band of Psyducks.

PS: pirating the game 10 days before it comes out screws you out of the best and main reason to get this game: online content. Seriously, the maxis creatures are nice but until your tribe gets attacked by a giant Chinese Crested Pomeranian you don't know what you're missing.
    Damn you and your inspiring rhetoric. Now I really feel like I'm missing out.
    It's the only thing stopping me from taking a hammer to my non-functioning pc.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

do you have a life?
    thats 5 hours a day!
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.