Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store help

Lightbulb App Store help
    I want the app store but dont want to update i was thinking that i caould extract the app store from my friends iPhone 3g (jailbroken) and inject it into mine (using winSCP) and using FWchanger to make it think its 2.0 .

I want the app store and accually buy the apps but i dont have at&t so if i update my iPhone is usless.

better yet can anyone send me the file to try this it should be in /applications or something in winSCP

Yeah no. You need iTunes 7.7 for App Store, and you need a legit 2.x Firmware iPhone. You cant just "inject" an iPhone with an App Store..

Sounds like you have a 2G phone. Those can be unlocked with 2.0, FYI.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I relies but I dont trust pwnagetools, I only use ZiPhone. Plus I dont have a mac to use the native tools for it. On the other hand I got iTunes to detect it as a 2.0.2 iPhone and give me apps I also figured out how to extract the files from an IPA file, now I have to work on a comparability patch. I figure that I can still buy th from iTunes and SSH them into my iPhone.

Cracked apps are finicky (crash and can mess with OS), and may not work with pre-2.0 firmware (but you can certainly try). Now, why don't you trust the Dev-team and their work but trust ZiPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by projectzro View Post
    I relies but I dont trust pwnagetools, I only use ZiPhone.
    You do know ZiPhone is out of the scene and that his method is more unstable than the Dev Team? And with apps like QuickPwn, jailbreaking is almost idiot-proof?

Is there any particular reason you stick with ZiPhone or are you one of those people that stick to one opinion and take it to the grave even when you're proven wrong?

because ziphone explains everything as aposed to the others that dont explain it. I can definitly trust other tools but I also want the 2.0.2 firmware, its more stable but the tools I find only work for mac.

ok I did some research and learned about quickpwn but will it activate the phone too?

sorry for the dumb questions but I'm not at my computer to see for myself.
    Last edited by projectzro; 09-01-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, quickpwn should take care of everything for you and leave you with a jailbroken/unlocked phone. I suggest you go through the quickpwn threads and ask for questions there if you come to any problems:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/29...-released.html

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/30...npwn-news.html

thanks everyone i just desided to update and use quickpwn but the first one didnt work and the second i didnt understand and the third i did and after about 3 hours of freaking out i got it to work but now my boot icon is different and i dont like it any idea on how to change it.

oh and i cant SSH my way in anymore
    and installer never installed
    Last edited by projectzro; 09-01-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by projectzro View Post
    thanks everyone i just desided to update and use quickpwn but the first one didnt work and the second i didnt understand and the third i did and after about 3 hours of freaking out i got it to work but now my boot icon is different and i dont like it any idea on how to change it.

oh and i cant SSH my way in anymore
    and installer never installed
    Yeah, that Pineapple is very annoying.

no no no no mine is a huge multi color apple like the one from mac classic half cut off and iPowned in big letters WTF what is wrong with the old one winpwn. and with no way to change it without quickpwn or winpwn its !@#$ing anoying