+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore apps very slow to install, always hangs on progress bar

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
What is the deal with installing apps from the appstore. It always takes forever to install one simple app via the iphone apps store. You find a program you want
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry AppStore apps very slow to install, always hangs on progress bar
    What is the deal with installing apps from the appstore. It always takes forever to install one simple app via the iphone apps store. You find a program you want and hit install. When the icon first appears, the progress bar fills up, but then it just hangs. Sometimes it hangs for over 5 minutes, one time over 10 minutes. This hang happens on a few of my friends iphone as well. I know one friend that has no problem at all though, each time he installs a new app, the progress bar fills up quick and it's instantly done and ready to use. I've tried resetting my iphone back to factory defaults and it's stilll slow ! (I didn't do a restore even, totally fresh) Any ideas what is wrong? Who else has this issue?

Thanks

I do have the same issue, the internet connection is not the problem.
    I thought it was normal that way
    Maybe it's because I didn't upgrade yet, iPod Touch 2.0
    What version do you have?

Thanks

I'm on a white 3G (16gb) 2.0.2

My friends is a black 3G (8gb) and it's super fast every time he installs a new app. We went out to eat and I played with his for awhile. Every time, zoom, boom, done! (wtf?)

Mine has been slow to install apps from day one back in July, and still is slow even after several complete factory resets. I recently jailbroke my phone, but it didnt affect the appstore install speed. AppStore apps are still slow slow slow! ! !

Update:
    After a crash and failed backup restore, I went ahead and started from scratch. This time I did a restore, and picked treat as new iphone. Before installing ANY other program, I used the new WinPwn 2.5 to jailbreak. (toggled to quickpwn mode) Well guess what, now my appstore apps install lightening quick. Even Cydia apps install super fast. I didnt realize the Cydian delay at the end wasnt normal either. I'm not sure what happened but this is the fastest I've seen apps install for me. I'm thrilled. Make sure you never let itunes do a mass install or any install of programs for that matter and you'll be good to go. I think 2.1 should address these problems though, so yeah.
    Last edited by JazJon; 08-31-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

ilena (09-01-2008)

Thanks

Thanks, I will try that as soon as I have time.
    I hope this will fix my problem with Appstore too
    As for Cydia, it seems fast to me, already. I'm curious to see if it will become faster.
    In a week or so I can tell you more, don't have time now ^^

Thanks