+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3rd party app help

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok so I'm pretty new to dealing cracking the Iphone and using it's 3rd party programs, so I'm having some issues that I hope you guys can help me with.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3rd party app help
    Ok so I'm pretty new to dealing cracking the Iphone and using it's 3rd party programs, so I'm having some issues that I hope you guys can help me with. smile.gif

Alright so I've been trying to get hidepod for awhile, and I can't download it through installer because it continuously gives me the whole "UNABLE TO DECODE" error.

and although Cydia seems to be absurdly much more reliable, I can't find any source that would have said program. So I came here and found the program package

and installed it via SSH. So I installed the program and it doesn't appear on the springboard. So I download boss prefs and a program that resprings via cydia. Well

respringing didn't work, and when I accessed it tried to boot up and than kicked me to the springboard, I did some reading and many people suggested that it was

the permissions that needed to be adjusted, however after using the terminal and changing the permissions to 755 nothing changed, I attempted to use boss prefs to

rewrite the permissions it ended up the same, I tried adding another program via SSH and the same thing happened.

So any one gotta solution

thx in advance

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Which phones do you own? what firmware?

as far as hidepod, i dont think this app has been ported to 2.0.X firmware yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea I just found out about the hidepod thing.

As for my firmware, I'm 2.0.2, the latest. is installer just bugged for this firmware version? and if cydia is so much better than why are there so many more sources for installer?

also I understand why hidepod didn't work, but I tried another application which was Raptor and that just booted me to springboard as well.

Oh yea and the whole reason I wanted hidepod was so I can use multiple computers to add music to my phone, is there any other way?

Sorry for so many questions ><

thank you

anyone
    Last edited by akirael; 08-29-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

There is an app on Cydia...i think it is called "SwapTunes"...check that out.