+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Apps Crashing After 2.0.1. Pwn

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I have just pwned my iphones firmware 2.0.1 and now every appstore app doesnt open. It will open to the main screen then just crash. I have a 1st gen
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default All Apps Crashing After 2.0.1. Pwn
    I have just pwned my iphones firmware 2.0.1 and now every appstore app doesnt open. It will open to the main screen then just crash. I have a 1st gen iphone. I have tried restoring and pwning again but no luck. Any help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As odd as it may sound, the whole AppStore apps not launching thing might be related to iTunes authorization on that library. All the apps are DRM'd and if they phone/library isn't technically authorized for the account that purchased the app, it will fail to launch.

My iTunes library allows me to make purchases on my account, it's signed in to the Store and everything. I did notice it asks for my password a helluva lot lately for purchases, maybe since iTunes 7.7? So after browsing some threads somewhere with older (three or so weeks) posts with the same app launching issue: Apps either never work from the get-go at installation or after the first sync to iTunes after purchasing.

I just removed every app from the phone, copied the installed apps from iTunes to somewhere else, removed them, redownloaded them, went to the Store menu and chose Authorize Machine, I got the message confirming my 1 out of 5 machines now authorized, then I resync'd the apps.

So far everything is working. I purchased GTS World Racer earlier tonight and couldn't run it at all. Which is what led me to get this straightened out.
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    thank you for the reply, actually i solved my problem and it was quite weird... the reason my apps would not launch is because when i pwned my iphone, the partition i set up for apps was i guess to large.. i set it up for around 1300mb and then changed it 900mb and now everything works fine

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hrm, I don't see how the root partition being too large is a bad thing. Mine's 750MB and more than enough...

Anyway, the method I posted above, I just tried the apps on my phone again and they're still working. Lets hope the silly authorization problem is fixed soon.
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

Thanks

Apps not running is almost certain to be a app authorization bug. DRM is just so nice that it kills the legit users

Quote Originally Posted by kcrmson View Post
    As odd as it may sound, the whole AppStore apps not launching thing might be related to iTunes authorization on that library. All the apps are DRM'd and if they phone/library isn't technically authorized for the account that purchased the app, it will fail to launch.

My iTunes library allows me to make purchases on my account, it's signed in to the Store and everything. I did notice it asks for my password a helluva lot lately for purchases, maybe since iTunes 7.7? So after browsing some threads somewhere with older (three or so weeks) posts with the same app launching issue: Apps either never work from the get-go at installation or after the first sync to iTunes after purchasing.

I just removed every app from the phone, copied the installed apps from iTunes to somewhere else, removed them, redownloaded them, went to the Store menu and chose Authorize Machine, I got the message confirming my 1 out of 5 machines now authorized, then I resync'd the apps.

So far everything is working. I purchased GTS World Racer earlier tonight and couldn't run it at all. Which is what led me to get this straightened out.
    Deleting, redownloading and reinstalling works but you would have to pay for the paid apps AGAIN. (sometimes it says you already own it and can d/l free but alot of times you are being charged)
    Last edited by iAddict; 08-10-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Use the "Thank you" option if someone helped you solve your problems!

Migrated from Windows Mobile to iPhone 3G.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iAddict For This Useful Post:

chatafakap (08-10-2008)