Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GrandDialer

Default GrandDialer
    Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...285624118&mt=8

If you use GrandCentral (GrandCentral: The New Way to Use Your Phones) this app is AWESOME! First off, it's free. The way it works is like so:

1- user GrandDialer to make a call to whoever you want
    2- GrandCentral calls you, pick it up!
    3- GrandCentral calls your party, they answer and you talk about dumb stuff.

Now there's two reasons this is awesome:
    1- The party your calling sees your GrandCentral number in the caller ID. This is great if your trying to consolidate all your numbers (home,cell,office) under your GrandCentral number.
    2- If your text plan has free received calls, then every call you make through this is free because GrandCentral calls YOU then connects you to your party.

Anyways, awesome great free app if you have Grand Central. Get it!

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

can we have the source please

at&t doesn't currently have a "free receive" calls feature, does it? ;-)

i still dont understand this program. i went to the site and read a little about it but i just dont get it. is this service free? i didnt see anything about pricing. can someone explain a little bit more on what this does. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    i still dont understand this program. i went to the site and read a little about it but i just dont get it. is this service free? i didnt see anything about pricing. can someone explain a little bit more on what this does. thanks.
    Grand Central is a free service by Google. Basically, you make an account and they assign you a phone number (you pick one based on your area). This becomes your main number. On their website you can then login and put in your phones: home, cell, office, up to 6-7 phones total I think. Whenever someone calls your GC number, all your registered phones will ring, so you get to answer it wherever you are. So instead of having 4-5 numbers depending on where you are, you can have ONE number which you can answer from anywhere you tend to be.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Iman07 (08-10-2008), kcrmson (08-10-2008)

thanks a lot. i understand now. so with this program you get to receive the calls that are made to your home, office, etc? then when you dial out, it uses the GC number that was provided to you using the minutes from your cellphone plan, right? or is this a VOIP app? pretty cool. i tried to sign up for a number but i can only reserve on for the time being. i cant actually sign up for a number yet.

i am with Iman07 , i have tried this a lot off times but i still aint get it.Dont get annoyed caus i am a slow user of this computing and mobile stuffs.I searched it al and evrywhere but i dont get any freeware like that.
    Plz can any one give a direct link of the web to downlaod from orelse directly send mee thee software.

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Grand Central is not a voip app, meaning you can't actually talk through the app like skype for example, but it simply gives you a number in an area code of your choice allowing you to conduct business or simply not give out your real number. Once called however,this number can be forwarded to several phones. Similar to the simulring feature of vonage, where dialing one number can ring several so that you never miss a call. The iphone app is so great because I use my number for business. It gives me a local number, when my cell is out of state. Using this app I can now "call" from my local office, which can be anywhere. Hope this explains a little more???

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Looks great. I tried signing up but apparently its still in beta. Waiting to see if I get approved. Is there a way to be invited in?