+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes won't sync apps from appstore?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I got a iphone 3g jailbreak 2.0, and I got some cracked apps and also some apps i brought off the apple appstore, but when I sync my iphone with
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iTunes won't sync apps from appstore?
    I got a iphone 3g jailbreak 2.0, and I got some cracked apps and also some apps i brought off the apple appstore, but when I sync my iphone with itunes I don't see any of thoses apps in my "Sync applications" and was wondering why? Also I can always delete them and get them back for free from the appstore (paid once for it) but if I ever chose to restore my iphone will i still be able to get them?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i have restored many a time. all music videos and apps downloaded are saved to your account so if you ever download them again it will know that you have paid before.

It may not sync you app BECAUSE you have "cracked apps" as you call them and apple have blocked syncing of those apps on 7.7.1 of iTunes
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seann33uk For This Useful Post:

01954 (08-07-2008), fonz06 (08-05-2008), zerobrand (08-05-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen other people have this problem. You just need to redownload the apps again.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

01954 (08-07-2008), ninjoshua (08-05-2008), zerobrand (08-05-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Perfect thanks

Btw: If I remove all my "cracked apps" will the ones I paid for start syncing ?

Thanks

Once you download them again you should be able to sync them like normal. You don't need to remove the cracks.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

zerobrand (08-05-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If what yo can't sync is apple store apps that u downloaded through your phone. You need to reset the dialog boxes in iTunes so that it will ask u if u want to transfer those apps. To do that right click your iPhone in iTunes and there's an option there to reset the dialog boxes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yunier2002 For This Useful Post:

avnyc11 (08-06-2008)

Thanks
    Purchase applications are downloadable once paid. You can always delete the applications you have on your iPhone 3g, and install them again when you need it. There's no need to restore your iPhone 3g. Those paid or free applications are always available for download.
    Last edited by nOObie12; 08-05-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: revised it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yunier2002 View Post
    If what yo can't sync is apple store apps that u downloaded through your phone. You need to reset the dialog boxes in iTunes so that it will ask u if u want to transfer those apps. To do that right click your iPhone in iTunes and there's an option there to reset the dialog boxes.

i get the message " (app name) could not be transferred from the iPhone (...) because you are not authorized to play it on this computer"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zerobrand View Post
    i get the message " (app name) could not be transferred from the iPhone (...) because you are not authorized to play it on this computer"
    You probbly just need to authorize your computer again. iTunes is wonky sometimes and will deauthorize my computer. Just click the Store tab and under that you will see "Authorize computer"
    Dirty as I wanna be!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

merovee (09-02-2008), zerobrand (08-06-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    You probbly just need to authorize your computer again. iTunes is wonky sometimes and will deauthorize my computer. Just click the Store tab and under that you will see "Authorize computer"
    perfect now everything syncs

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

or double click the app under applications on the left.
    it will ask you to authorize.

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

i have 7.7.1 and all the apps i have are cracked and synced if it dont work the first time try again i noticed it might take upto 3 times

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do u synk cracked apps with 3.0 sofware i downloaded the "******* for OS 3.0" coz i said it alows you to sync cracked apps through itunes but how do u do that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nope. all u hav 2 do iz authorize you computer. da way u dat iz go to store on the top of ure itunes and press authorize computer. den simply press sync.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default wont synk apps at all
    thanks but i mean wen u go into the apps tab its all greyed out like this(photo in attachment) and i cant evan click on any thin including my non cracked apps but all the other sync tab music, photos ect... are fine exept for apps tab and i dont wanna have to be doing everthing throu iphone internet is there like a version of ******* for OS 3.0 that i have to install on my computer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iTunes won't sync apps from appstore?-iphone.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Solution!!!
    I have an iphone 3g 3.0, jailbroken. The apps i downloaded from the app store wouldnt work after i pressed sync. To solve this problem all i did was install In.stallous.app from cydia (source: http:// cydia.hackulo.us and SSH the downloaded .ipa files into Downloads folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads. Then you open In.stallous and go to the downloads tab. Press your downloaded ipa file and install. Reboot your device afterwards. Your apps should work now!
    Last edited by iphone1337; 07-15-2009 at 03:52 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There is something always wrong with the iTunes syncing up. Itís like have a personal time period when things get worse with me. Not asking anything but I think the technologies has some rage against me. Does anyone ever felt like that?
    mod/edit links removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here is another thing: I have lots of apps I transferred to my 3.0 iphone 3g, using itunes.
    But now I find that "Sync apps" is deselected, and if I select it, I only get maybe a dozen apps listed instead of 30+ I already have on the iphone.
    I worry that the rest will get deleted when I sync

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default App Syncing
    I had the same problem trying to sync an app I recently downloaded. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't sync after I downloaded it to itunes. Problem was that the app only worked with a newer version iphone OS (I was on 3.1 and the app required 3.1.2 or later) as stated in the app description in itunes. Make sure you check this as a lot of us Jailbreakers are not upgrading our OS when new ones come out. Then newer apps being posted in the itunes store only work on a newer iphone OS.