Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appstore update ask me tobuy the App again at Full price! iTunes sync delete my apps!

Default Appstore Paid & Free Apps won't Update and Run!!!
    Everything was working properly until today.

I have bought quite a few apps from the Apple Appstore as well as some free ones.

As usual, I've received a notice that there are updates for a few apps available. I would update them using the iphone Appstore or occasionally the iTunes Appstore.

Now, when I try to update a free app or a paid app, iTunes on iPhone says I am not eligible for this discounted price and I have pay for the full price. Which is very weird.

When I try to update through iTunes, the real big problem comes. It would sync with my phone and DELETE my apps one by one!!! I would have to reinstall the apps again through iphone's Appstore.

I dare not sync the iPhone anymore at this stage. It worked perfectly before.

Anyone encountering this problem?

Also, when I try to update through app store. It says "You do not qualify for this price, the discounted version is only available to customers who own a previous version..."

I spent all my money buying monkey ball bomberman idrinks.

I only sync with ONE computer. What's the deal Steve?
    Last edited by iAddict; 08-06-2008 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Use the "Thank you" option if someone helped you solve your problems!

Migrated from Windows Mobile to iPhone 3G.

*************, personally I can't afford apps, no job, 16, I know this is bad and all but I don't care, don't judge me

Honestly, if I were you, I would just pirate the apps you already purchased. It's not like you're really stealing, since you bought the app already.
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

in you app tab in itunes do you have it set to sync all your apps or just the one you have checked?

Thanks

just click to pay for them again. Then iTunes will tell you they're purchased already and you can download them for free

plus the iPhone can only sync with 1 computer. When has it ever been possible to sync with 2?

I get the feeling your next question he gonna be 'where do I get pirated apps?? Apple is making me a pirate!!'
    Last edited by redcard; 08-05-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the input guys. I sync all my apps with the same computer ever and it worked before.

I accept the idea of paying a reasonable amount of money for some apps that I really use or enjoy. But I have always been a strong disbeliever of poorly designed anti-piracy systems.

The worst thing Ever, that can happen to a consumer is having paid not to have what he is supposed to get or even have more trouble ahead.

Regarding this thread. I tried to backup my phone and sync with iTunes again. iTunes seem to have stopped deleting my apps one by one (and the settings as well). Updating does not work for all the apps. I tried the "Pay to update free apps" and some of them work. I even tried risking $2.99 to update one of my app by confirming with the Buy prompt. It somehow didn't let me buy or update still. It says "the application is being modified and is not available". The update clearly is available.

You can delete free apps on your iTunes and get it again which should solve the problem. Poor thing is I don't recommend deleting paid apps on your iTunes.

I rented 3 movies last week (I never rented online movies) each at $2.99 and $3.99. My phone somehow crashed and I lost them before I could watch them. Once the rented movies have been transferred to the iPhone. You lose them forever if your phone crashed without backup. How retarded (I know some may say I am stupid ;( )

There are some additional info about the app update problem I have at this apple official forum Apple - Support - Discussions - Installing and Using iPhone Applications

Careful you all when you buy apps! Don't regret!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iAddict View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I sync all my apps with the same computer ever and it worked before.

I accept the idea of paying a reasonable amount of money for some apps that I really use or enjoy. But I have always been a strong disbeliever of poorly designed anti-piracy systems.

The worst thing Ever, that can happen to a consumer is having paid not to have what he is supposed to get or even have more trouble ahead.

Regarding this thread. I tried to backup my phone and sync with iTunes again. iTunes seem to have stopped deleting my apps one by one (and the settings as well). Updating does not work for all the apps. I tried the "Pay to update free apps" and some of them work. I even tried risking $2.99 to update one of my app by confirming with the Buy prompt. It somehow didn't let me buy or update still. It says "the application is being modified and is not available". The update clearly is available.

You can delete free apps on your iTunes and get it again which should solve the problem. Poor thing is I don't recommend deleting paid apps on your iTunes.

I rented 3 movies last week (I never rented online movies) each at $2.99 and $3.99. My phone somehow crashed and I lost them before I could watch them. Once the rented movies have been transferred to the iPhone. You lose them forever if your phone crashed without backup. How retarded (I know some may say I am stupid ;( )

There are some additional info about the app update problem I have at this apple official forum Apple - Support - Discussions - Installing and Using iPhone Applications

Careful you all when you buy apps! Don't regret!
    I assume that you email/called apple about this correct? If all is legit they should help you out & start working on fixing that.

I know they have forums and all but I would report it to a rep. Seems like a pretty big bug to me. Sorry to hear that it happened to you, I'm definitely gonna sync less!

Even worse now. I might not have noticed but now I do.

Most of the iPhone applications like "sketches" "YouNote" "Flashlight" and many many other apps just closes itself after a few seconds after launching. Only Cydia apps and native iPhone apps (iPod, SMS, Phone etc.) would run.

Here is a link to the Apple forum regarding this problem:
    Apple - Support - Discussions - All of my Apps stopped working!!!!! ...

My iPhone is starting to become USELESS now. Not to talk about wasted Paid Apps.

I thought I must have screwed up my iPhone. But it appears that many ppl are having the update failure, app self deleting, apps not running problem.

Anyone having the same problem?

I have ran through the fixes, it appears that the cause of Apps bought/free from appstore won't run is that the authorization on the device has been screwed up.

I tried downloading new free apps, syncing it to the iPhone then they would run! The problem is that I have to delete all my free/paid apps on iPhone. Get them AGAIN on iTunes and sync them over again. Paying double for the paid apps!

That's why you guys are right. Why bother to buy? I've lost my winepad entries already after a few free local wine tasting events. Thanks to Apple...
    Last edited by iAddict; 08-06-2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost