Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Speedtest.app

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Speedtest.app
    Author = Xtreme Labs Inc
    Area = Toronto, Canada
    Price = FREE
    honestly?! can you beat that? nope But this app sure is nice, not sure how it compares to apple's speed test app.

TESTED ON WIFI IN PICTURE
    The interface "gui" is very easy. Just a simple "Start Speedtest" button. One tap and 10 seconds later its done with the report. Yes this is a very short review but not much to say really... Its a 1 button only program!
    Last edited by Dan0609; 08-04-2008 at 07:31 PM.

cool... i'll be adding it now... thanks for the find
    just don't hit it like 10000 times you might you might reach your unlimited data limit

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

lol yea but sorry forgot to mention I was of course on WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    cool... i'll be adding it now... thanks for the find
    just don't hit it like 10000 times you might you might reach your unlimited data limit
    Any idea what that limit is? I've heard about it, but never heard anyone who hit it (with or without tethering).

yea it's just a rumor... because they did put a limit on the blackberry and PDA devices that are "legally" capable of tethering... Just got through reading the whole AT&T agreement thingy and it said nothing about data limits for the iPhone... but it did mention that there are limits to be determined by AT&T if they feel their service is being abused... they also mention what you can and cannot do with your iphone (for example tether)...

personally i tethered my 1st gen and hit over 5GB in a month and never got charged extra for it...
    Last edited by 808mp5; 08-07-2008 at 02:25 PM.

The "limit" for iPhone plans I think is 5-6GB, at which point you may get a "hey, mind not using so much data?" warning.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I'd be interested in reading my contract terms a bit better to see if any limit was mentioned as part of my unlimited data plan. I understand charging an abusive user (tethering) but between the AppStore, maps services, websites and downloading files/email I've surpassed 4gbs (didn't get to 5gb).