Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook app - chat not working

Default Facebook app - chat not working
    Hey everyone...

I was using the facebook app not too long ago and the chat was working fine...now it just keeps saying an error and to try again later?? I've tried again later many times haha and still nothing? I've reinstalled it a bunch of times and reset my settings still nothing...any ideas?? Much appreciated...peeace jp

Come on people!! Pls help I don't wanna reset my whole phone!

Just restore your phone, its not like your going to lose anything if you back it up.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Your problem is most likely that you are on offline mode on the regular facebook, make sure your online and it should work.

Btw I mean not actually online, online as in the status of the facebook chat.
    Last edited by Sheraz150; 08-05-2008 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

right on didn't know u had to be online on reg facebook for it to work...thanks a lot Sheraz...Thanks guys for responding so quickly!

Default Other Facebook Chat Problem - No Error Msg
    So my problem is a little diff. My chat status on the regular facebook chat is online but when I try to send a MSG on the iPhone app. It won't send anything. Nothing happens when i press send. My msg doesn't even show up. And I don't get any try again later MSG either. Used to work fine. Its really strange. I tried re-installing it but still get the same problem. If anyone could help, please reply. Thanks!!!

nothing is wrong with ur phone... It's the app... There gonna update soon

Does everyone have a red "0" in the facebook icon indicating no new messages at all times? I'd like to be notified only if I have a new message, not the status all the time.