Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding Apps in Itunes "How To"??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Adding Apps in Itunes "How To"??
    So I got the apps I downloaded into my Itunes Applications folder right... But when I try and drag them to the Iphone to add them, the way I have done with ringtones or movies from my existing Itunes library, it won't allow me to add them. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am an Iphone Noob, and slowly making my way through the How to's of this great phone. Thanks in advance for your help. Miguel

just ssh if you want the apps on your device

Default what is ssh
    i have the same problem... i have a 2g unlocked iphone and the theme is on my desktop! i cant seem to get it into my iphone! what is ssh?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd like to know how to get the apps into itunes. I SSH'd them so they're on my phone
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by lafnowcrymanana View Post
    So I got the apps I downloaded into my Itunes Applications folder right... But when I try and drag them to the Iphone to add them, the way I have done with ringtones or movies from my existing Itunes library, it won't allow me to add them. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am an Iphone Noob, and slowly making my way through the How to's of this great phone. Thanks in advance for your help. Miguel
    You can't drag them just like that. Soon after you download them to your itunes applications' folder you have to synchronise and you'll have them on your iphone automatically.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And how exactly do I SSH it? Not sure exactly what that means...sorry for the Noobish question. Miguel

and any other sites that have great games for free or other apps for the 1.4 version. I can't d-load the 2.0 software. thanks
    Last edited by lafnowcrymanana; 08-01-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

As mentioned above, you do not SSH apps from the app store. You sync them like music.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tried that, syncing directly in itunes after they were added to my apps folder in Itunes. Think I hit the right command, I think it's either "sync Iphone" or "transfer purchases". Either way, I did both and nothing at all happened. The apps never made it to my phone. other ideas?

I think you're confused. If you're on 1.1.4 like you said above, you can't have any of the apps from the app store on your phone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper44 For This Useful Post:

lafnowcrymanana (08-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by lafnowcrymanana View Post
    tried that, syncing directly in itunes after they were added to my apps folder in Itunes. Think I hit the right command, I think it's either "sync Iphone" or "transfer purchases". Either way, I did both and nothing at all happened. The apps never made it to my phone. other ideas?
    you have to go to the Applications tab and make sure it is checked to sync the application.

what i dont get is why you are adding apps to a folder. Just Dl via itunes and it will be there already

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    I think you're confused. If you're on 1.1.4 like you said above, you can't have any of the apps from the app store on your phone.
    Jasper...as I thought. Is there any site or apps place where I can find and add apps that are still working with the 1.1.4 version? Or do I have to pay the cost of upgrading the software to 2.0 since it's a cracked phone? The guy who did the unlocking for me, told me it would be a seriously big and costly pain in the *** to go from 1.1.4 to 2.0. Thanks for your advice..

you can upgrade to 2.0FW (i recommend syncing first)... you can then jailbreak and unlock with winpwn 2.0.0.3 if your using windowsOS

you only have to pay for the 2.0FW if your using an ipod touch if not its free and can be found here in the download section i believe but make sure you get the right one... cuz there's two different versions of the 2.0FW for iphones (1st gen, 3G)... you should be able to directly upgrade through itunes and keep an extra phone handy cuz you might need it.... as for me i had no problems jailbreaking three 3G phones... haven't tried to upgrade a 1st gen yet and jailbreaking/unlocking but i will soon
    Last edited by 808mp5; 08-02-2008 at 08:31 PM.

total trainwreck thread

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems to me people are missing the point of this thread. All we're trying to do is get the games we have downloaded to our phones into itunes so we can sync them. It's not that difficult to understand. I have the games on my iPhone but used SSH therefore they do not appear in itunes.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

i av the exact same problem ... with additonal - outgoing sms not working ... no app download ... the itunes icon on ifon always says "itunes library not available - try again later" .... my caller ID doesnt work as well .... the names dat r in my fon book & doesnt show up with names :S --- any suggestions???