+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mocha VNC App, Questions!

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok, so i just downloaded the mocha VNC lite version for my iphone and i was trying to remotely connect it to my new intel iMac, it basically worked flawlessly
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Mocha VNC App, Questions!
    Ok, so i just downloaded the mocha VNC lite version for my iphone and i was trying to remotely connect it to my new intel iMac, it basically worked flawlessly connect to wifi, but when i went to work and tried to connect, it wasnt able to find..

I am somewhat of a noob to the remote desktop thing.. so my question/s is:
    Do I have to be on my home wifi connection to connect to my computer? seems pointless..
    And if i dont have to be connected to wifi, is there another thing i need to download to use it over my 3G/ Edge network?

FYI i also have a pwned 3g iphone w/ cydia so i can access other apps if needed

thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bscott05 View Post
    Ok, so i just downloaded the mocha VNC lite version for my iphone and i was trying to remotely connect it to my new intel iMac, it basically worked flawlessly connect to wifi, but when i went to work and tried to connect, it wasnt able to find..

I am somewhat of a noob to the remote desktop thing.. so my question/s is:
    Do I have to be on my home wifi connection to connect to my computer? seems pointless..
    And if i dont have to be connected to wifi, is there another thing i need to download to use it over my 3G/ Edge network?

FYI i also have a pwned 3g iphone w/ cydia so i can access other apps if needed

thank you
    to access your home computer from anywhere.. you will actually need to connect using the IP your internet provider gives you and then set a forwarding rule in your wireless router going to your computers IP address on the wifi network.

i connect to mines at home all the time over 3g on my pwned iphone 3g.

Thanks

I really like teleport a lot better for VNC.

MochaVNC is really buggy and the controls arent as great.