Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NO Need for iPhone MMS App, and why :D

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Default NO Need for iPhone MMS App, and why :D
    There really isn't....just click and see--> CLICK HERE

Completely pointless thread.

There was a tut on how to do that ever since 2007.

yep, old news.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

well some people still dont know because there was a new thread asking for an mms app when email works a lot better

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (07-31-2008)

then it probably would have been best to just reply to that thread and tell them about it.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (07-31-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Duh, email doesn't work better for these reasons:

1. The whole world isn't wireless
    2. Not everyone has an iPhone

My girlfriend has an N95 which I am ashamed to say, has working bluetooth and MMS.....oh and a good GPS. I have only stuck with an iPhone in the hopes that Steve & Co will give us what we want at some point this year.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Default what aboout receiving
    I agree its just as easy (almost) to send an email with a pic as an MMS; however receiving is a little more difficult -- unfortunately, most people don't have an iPhone; may not have email on their phone and use MMS to send pictures to the other several hundred million mobile phone users in the world... and AT&T's solution (view my picture) is far (very far) from a decent solution. I much prefer using MMS (via Swirly MMS) until such time as at least 50 or so million of the other cell phone users stop using MMS...

Thanks

Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post

Well, I can't receive MMS messages, I don't get the whole "viewmessage" crap.. but I don't even what it. It was too annoying.

I am hoping that since I don't get that message, once Swirly MMS is released, it will still work for me.
    wwjd

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to withdraw from this conversation before I start on the no-Ethernet macbook air thing. Final statement - The iPhone needs SwirlyMMS AND fully functional file transfer bluetooth.
    Last edited by Jay316; 07-30-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    I'm going to withdraw from this conversation before I start on the no-Ethernet macbook air thing. Final statement - The iPhone needs SwirlyMMS AND fully functional file transfer bluetooth.
    i agree the bluetooth on the iphone is so weak you cant listen to music with a bluetooth device and like u said no file transfer...really shocked that apple would have let those things out along with all the other stuff they left out

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Come on guys....do you really expect to have MMS functionality when all your buying is the "most technologically advanced media phone ever developed"...hahahahaha I hate Apple sometimes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On the subject of emailing, as has been said, the person you email it to will receive it as an mms message. The only difference I noticed was that when I sent a pic to my wife's phone (she uses verizon) it made a 2nd page with the "sent from my iphone" signature. As for receiving picture messages on the iphone its almost as easy. As I said, my wife's phone is on verizon and all she has to do to send me a picture message is enter my email address instead of a phone number in the sender line. I have also tried that using helio (lol) and it worked so I'm guessing it will work for at least some other carriers. It's not quite as instantaneous depending on your push settings I guess, but it's a work-around since, in my experience, whining about how the iphone should have mms but doesn't won't get me pictures to and from my phone any faster.
    Last edited by derekthered; 07-30-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derekthered View Post
    On the subject of emailing, as has been said, the person you email it to will receive it as an mms message. The only difference I noticed was that when I sent a pic to my wife's phone (she uses verizon) it made a 2nd page with the "sent from my iphone" signature. As for receiving picture messages on the iphone its almost as easy. As I said, my wife's phone is on verizon and all she has to do to send me a picture message is enter my email address instead of a phone number in the sender line. I have also tried that using helio (lol) and it worked so I'm guessing it will work for at least some other carriers. It's not quite as instantaneous depending on your push settings I guess, but it's a work-around since, in my experience, whining about how the iphone should have mms but doesn't won't get me pictures to and from my phone any faster.
    This way certainly works and has worked since day one.
    Only drawback is that people have become so lazy, they don't wish to remember your email when they are sending the MMS.

As for the "Sent from my iPhone" message, go to Mail/Signature and remove that line from there.
    She should receive only one MMS after this.

Major flawed logic with this technique:

1) So tell me which carrier each of my 150 contacts have so I can send them an email/mms
    2) I have all contacts' phone numbers, now you need to tell me the domain (and if it works) for O2 Germany, O2 UK, Orange France, Vodafone UK, Vodafone Germany, simyo, Base, e-plus, callmobile, t-mobile Germany, KPN, TIM, and numerous others that I don't know because I don't have the list of carriers for my contacts.

Thanks

So when you take a picture on your phone, you send it to all 150 people?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I tried using this to send a picture to my friend that uses att, and it didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    I tried using this to send a picture to my friend that uses att, and it didnt work.
    Did he have an iPhone? rofl

Make sure you delete the space before the image and also your signature.
    That makes it work.
    wwjd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast