Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NO Need for iPhone MMS App, and why :D

um no. I thought that was the whole point...lol

K I'll try that. Thanks

EDIT* Tried it again doing what you said and again I got a mailer-daemon error. I have double checked his number and I did add @mms.att.com to the end so I have no idea what the problem is. Do i need to add a 1 in front of the area code?
    Last edited by harryding; 07-31-2008 at 05:58 PM.

As far as bluetooth, i didn't know you couldn't listen to music via bluetooth headphones but, the reason for no file transfer, is because AT&T is urging companies to do away with this to help protect music artists rights, as if they are losing any money while we are all down in our cars not their private jets but the point being is that they do have the rights to songs and things like that, with bluetooth you can get any ringtone you want for free which sadly to say to say is wrong.

And for most anybody i'm gonna send a mms message to is on the same network or i know which one they are on by their number.

oh and one more thing why the hell do you dog on a phone so much that you still haven't got rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    EDIT* Tried it again doing what you said and again I got a mailer-daemon error. I have double checked his number and I did add @mms.att.com to the end so I have no idea what the problem is. Do i need to add a 1 in front of the area code?
    you only need the ten digit number, but i though it was .net?
    Last edited by dillonsmith9147; 07-31-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    So when you take a picture on your phone, you send it to all 150 people?
    No, just one of them. But it could be any one of them, so I need to know who the carrier is for all of my contacts, and the domain to send it to, if it even works. I bet I have at least 20 carriers/VNOs to know.

My friend Miles in England has a (fictional) number +447911199944.

With MMS I just send it to his number. With the original post technique I am supposed to email it. What email address?

Get my point?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlhuss View Post
    My friend Miles in England has a (fictional) number +447911199944.

With MMS I just send it to his number. With the original post technique I am supposed to email it. What email address?

Get my point?
    Um... ask him?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Eurisko, that's exactly the point the dude is trying to make.

Yes, there is a workaround but it's not nearly as elegant as standard MMS.
    Why reinvent the wheel?

If there wasn't a need and want for MMS on the iPhone, the 3rd party MMS apps wouldn't be so popular as they are now.

pfft

MMS is for Japanese prepubescent girls.

I kid, I kid.

I work for ATT and have for years yes you can use the phone number email trick but this is no exscuse for the lack of MMS on the iphone bad apple bad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12