+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dynolicious

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Anyone tried this or know it's accuracy. Measure your car performances with Dynolicious
    Thanks

Default Dynolicious
    Anyone tried this or know it's accuracy.

Measure your car performances with Dynolicious

Creator of "Phiberglass" Theme.
    www.austingrade.com
    www.iphoneinfoblog.com
    Computer: MacBook Pro
    Processor: 2.53GHz
    Memory: 4 GB SDRAM
    Drive Space: 320 GB
    Phone: 16GB White
    External Drives: 250 GB & 350 GB

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

yea. bumpage. I would be interested to know the accuracy. It must really kinda blow because honestly here. Its only an iPhone/iPod... lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Seems a bit strange. It says it uses your accelerometer, but I'm not sure exactly how that is going to work. Dyno runs cost a good deal, which makes this price just seem too good to be true.

Thanks

Yea, I'm not sure how it's going to measure Wheel Horsepower...

Alright, I took the plunge and purchased it.

It uses the acceleration (Gs) along with the time to calculate the distance/speeds. The G meter is also very neat, calculated the Gs when braking, accelerating, left/right. It'd be very nice for the track, and viewing while driving. It would be nice if they could incorporate a digital speedometer using GPS though.

Hopefully some updates come out soon incorporating more things and making it more stable. It's a great app, but I would say it's not quite worth 13 dollars right now. Maybe 6 or 7.
    Last edited by Phiberglass; 07-29-2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

www.austingrade.com
    www.iphoneinfoblog.com

Thanks

So all it does is use the accelerometer to measure how fast you're moving? Hopefully they'll adopt the new GPS features coming out. I would think that would improve accuracy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It calculates horsepower and the like using data you provide (weight) and (i assume) ideal physical conditions. This is NOT going to replace a ScanGauge or anything like that, but it is a pretty fun little app that's actually quite useful for semi-accurate runs, not to mention acceleration in turns and the like. They aren't going to be exact readings, and many are based on calculated values, but darn good considering it's a phone with an accelerometer designed to detect screen flips

Alternatives include g-tac, but that app is less than half the price with less than half the functionality. Only straight-line motion.

Thanks

I may have to upgrade to get this. I am a track junkie and this would be a great toy.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

To be quite honest, I think using the accelerometer is far more accurate than the GPS would be. GPS in the iPhone isn't quite accurate as you think. It only has one antenna where as actual GPS units have 3+. Most of the time it shows me 50-100 feet away from where I am on GPS and continues to jump around. The accelerometer is very accurate. It's basic high school physics on how it calculates your speed/hp/lateral Gs/etc. One tip is when putting in your vehicles curb weight is to add the gasoline weight (about 5-6 pounds per gallon), oil weight, anything in your car weight, and driver/passenger weight to get the most accurate readings.

www.austingrade.com
    www.iphoneinfoblog.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Once I get my hands on this I plan on doing a review for iPhoneatics. Keep on the look out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone else having a problem with this app crashing when trying to input "my ride" data?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

freeferty,
    Read the reviews on the App Store... dozens of people have the exact same problem. Hoping for a fix, but with Apple's retarded (literally) update release screening, it may be weeks until that is out.

Thanks

someone needs to run it side by side with a g-tech meter and see how close they are. That is the best preformance meter on the market now (plug and play). I have the g-tech and it can be very close. What messes the numbers up is wheel spin. It can't count for it. So you need a near perfect launch with little to no wheel spin to get an accurate rating on any of these meters. I have been able to get within .5 seconds of real 1/4 times. However I can't get close with the HP# or 0-60 since my car has 600hp it is hard not to spin the **** out of the wheels.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    someone needs to run it side by side with a g-tech meter and see how close they are. That is the best preformance meter on the market now (plug and play). I have the g-tech and it can be very close. What messes the numbers up is wheel spin. It can't count for it. So you need a near perfect launch with little to no wheel spin to get an accurate rating on any of these meters. I have been able to get within .5 seconds of real 1/4 times. However I can't get close with the HP# or 0-60 since my car has 600hp it is hard not to spin the **** out of the wheels.
    You need to work on your launch a little bit if your spinning the **** out of your wheels man. Wheel spin will make you loose more time. What car do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Anyone else having a problem with this app crashing when trying to input "my ride" data?
    Seems to happen on jailbroken phones from what I hear on some of the automotive boards.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freeferty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Seems to happen on jailbroken phones from what I hear on some of the automotive boards.
    Try to install latest Cydia updates (SQLite v3 - 3.5.9-9).

Thanks

Default not so easy
    Quote Originally Posted by commandersafi View Post
    You need to work on your launch a little bit if your spinning the **** out of your wheels man. Wheel spin will make you loose more time. What car do you have if you don't mind me asking?
    I can launch pretty well thanks But it isn't easy! To answer your question, I have a highly modified JRD Panoz Espirante with a procharger. Its weight is about 3000lbs with just under 600 hp and will run 11's in the 1/4 even with wheel spin. Problem is that is is not a drag car it is setup more for a road course. It isn't like I am about to put drag slicks on a panoz So if you try hard enough you can break the tires lose in most gears. It has happened at 75mph and the car is perfectly 50/50 weight to give you an idea. It isn't like you can get in and just floor it. Hope that answer the question.

The g-tech meters are very close using similar meters