Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All you SPOOF App'ers out there!! Good news!!

Default All you SPOOF App'ers out there!! Good news!!
    I just got an email back from the spoof app dev team:

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:26 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
    Sent from Fake Caller ID with SpoofApp - Home
    Forward to SpoofCard

PIN:
    Name: Thomas
    Email: [email protected]
    Subject: SpoofApp Related

Message: Hi Im running a 3g 2.0 iPhone and would like to have this app back on my new phone. I still have minutes left over on my pin that I cant use. When is this coming? Thanks

Reply: any day now. We are waiting on apple to approve it for the appstore

--

Thanks!
    Al Beebe

that app was so fun

Yeah I don't think apple will let it in because of what it does, but thats just my opinion.
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

regardless, it means that they have it ready for 2.0 and either way if apple doesnt approve it, it will end up on cydia. And also they have a disclaimer when you first start it up that states that it cant be used to harass or blah blah blah

Thanks

^I agree; I was going to add that as well. If it modifies anything, chances are Apple won't let it fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    ^I agree; I was going to add that as well. If it modifies anything, chances are Apple won't let it fly.
    true its gonna end up on cydia...

It doesn't modify anything, technically you can still use it without an iphone, if you go to there site it gives u a phone number you can call and you can do it that way, all the app really does is call the number and inputs the reciever and the number displayed auomatically

True, true, but I just don't see Apple allowing an application on their App Store that spoofs one's telephone number...it WILL end up on Cydia/Installer for sure tho.
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

the interface was sick though on the iphone I cant wait for this app to be back in business.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Still a chance of apple approving this? Was hoping it would appear either on the appstore or on cydia by now.

Apple is taking time to approve. I dont understand. How long have people been waiting lately? Ill put it up on cydia if apple rejects it. I dont know how they feel about apps in the appstore AND on cydia so im holding out on the appstore.

lol it's going into Cydia and Installer v4. Just count on that!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpoofApp View Post
    Apple is taking time to approve. I dont understand. How long have people been waiting lately? Ill put it up on cydia if apple rejects it. I dont know how they feel about apps in the appstore AND on cydia so im holding out on the appstore.
    How about a link? I'm SSH comfortable...I'm cool with a manual install too!

Seriously though, I do hope Apple approves it for you. Only thing I see maybe being a problem may be if people do stupid things with the free (or even paid minutes) and Apple starts getting any complaints from people (who are on the receiving end) about it.

But if they have a virtual beer, and Breathalyzer on the app store, this should not be a problem!