+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: appstore differnt in canada?!

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
hi guys, i live in canada and i am trying to download some apps but cant seem to find them in the app store. For example, pandora radio, google mobile,
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default appstore differnt in canada?!
    hi guys,

i live in canada and i am trying to download some apps but cant seem to find them in the app store. For example, pandora radio, google mobile, mobile flickr etc...
    Is this because we dont live in the US? or is it just me?
    People using the app store in canada could you please let me know if you can find the mentioned apps?

thx!!

Thanks

It definitely seems that way. If you go to the main iTunes store, at the bottom, you can choose which country you want. There definitely seem to be some apps only available in the US store.

Thanks

It's this kind of stupidity of apple's that drives people to go & look for a hacked alternative.

Why the hell would they have only some apps available in other countries? The whole GAMES section is omitted from the Irish & South African store.

Go figure...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This was the first thing I noticed when I picked up my iPhone. Didn't surprise me the slightest, as iTunes has always had different content for Canada.

Luckily, I keep two iTunes accounts: one Canadian and one American; just for this reason. :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    It's this kind of stupidity of apple's that drives people to go & look for a hacked alternative.

Why the hell would they have only some apps available in other countries? The whole GAMES section is omitted from the Irish & South African store.

Go figure...
    for some of this you can't blame apple - it's the music providers who determine what goes where. i assume this would be the same for apps, although why all games are not available in some countries is beyond me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Pandora's never been available in Canada, so that doesn't surprise me in the least.

Thanks

Google Mobile.app doesn't appear in App Store (Canada), too.

Why?! I cannot understand lol
    I think ... I do ... in my utopia ...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304

Thanks

I can understand the issue with the iTunes music store - record companies & their greed are involved, but I just don't get it with the appstore. The whole games section, for one, is not there in SA & Ireland. Surely the developers want their games & apps sold everywhere?