+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help - How do I change from US to UK Appstore

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi I have a US old 2G unit upgraded now to V2.0 Only problem is it points at US appstore from the icon onscreen and says my account is only
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help - How do I change from US to UK Appstore
    Hi

I have a US old 2G unit upgraded now to V2.0

Only problem is it points at US appstore from the icon onscreen and says my account is only valid for purchases from the UK itunes.

Any idea how I can get the onscreen icon to load the uk appstore>

Cheers

Thanks

I dont know how to change it to UK, but its possible to create a US account, purchase a US$ Itunes gift card (easily found on eBay) then in iTunes click "redeem" you can then go through the process of registering a new account with a your name and a valid US address (easily found by googling a branch of starbucks or apple themselves) dont worry they will never try to contact you other than by the email address you give wich must be valid. You can set it up without a credit card only when you redeem a vouncher. Threafter you can top up with dollar vouchers once you have found a reliable source. Be careful though as some suppliers have been know to use fake or stolen ID when purchasing vouchers and these eventally get cancelled. There are a few "honest" sellers check out their profile first before you splash your cash.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

flashyphotos (07-20-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cheers

I am working in San Diego at comiccon next week so will get a card and set up an account whilst I am over there. Might as well do that and have access to the larger selection of US Stuff.

Appreciate the advice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey Flashy,

the valid/active iTunes account used on the phone is SYNCED by iTunes. So maybe you only need to sync your phone....

However, I have also a german (regular )and a US store account and was trapped when I first bought apps on the phone via the US store and lateron others with the german account and synced back to the phone.
    The apps bought in the US store will NOT (!!) run when the other account is synced to the phone! It's quite stupid....

But however, the Appstore should be the same contents in every country, so no need to have a different account for that...

Cheers
    Kerry.