Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What happends to the apps that I buy after 3g purchase?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default What happends to the apps that I buy after 3g purchase?
    I have a 1st gen iPhone that I upgraded to 2.0 and bought some apps. I am going to buy a 3G and would like to know what to do about the apps I bought from the Apple Store. The problem is, is that only some of the apps show up in my applications area of iTunes, so I can't just sync 'em back on the new phone. Should I just call Apple?

dbl

All apps you buy are tied to your iTunes account, not your phone, so you should be able to sync them with the 3G once you get it.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Just re-download them, since they are tied to your iTunes account, you should be able for free.

You can redownload any previous purchases (even if they were free to begin with) for free. It is linked to your account, as for you not seeing them all in iTunes, your iPhone should ask you to copy them back to our library on your next sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Girrelephant Master View Post
    You can redownload any previous purchases (even if they were free to begin with) for free. It is linked to your account, as for you not seeing them all in iTunes, your iPhone should ask you to copy them back to our library on your next sync.
    Im glad thats the way it works. I wonder why Apple wont do that for music.

You can control + click (or right click if you are on a pc) on your iPhone device in the list, and click transfer purchases. It will load all purchases from the phone to your mac or pc.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen