Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AppStore Applications Pirated Already???

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by [email protected] It means that they are not making as much money as they should be. Yes the developer still makes a profit, but you are 'stealing' some
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It means that they are not making as much money as they should be. Yes the developer still makes a profit, but you are 'stealing' some of his profits. If there wasn't a free alternative one would be forced to buy the app.
    Like I said before, if people are not willing to pay a price then they will not pay it. Like if I cannot afford an xbox 360 then I wont get it, but if it is free then I will. The only difference here is that the developer does not loose any money like microsoft would on parts and such.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    Regardless of whether you feel the prices in the AppStore are fail or not, those are the prices. You don't go into your local grocery store, decide bananas cost too much, and walk out with a bunch of them. Downloading a hacked version of an app is the same as walking into any brick and mortar store and shoplifting. Not only would downloading this make you a criminal, but would also hurt the iPhone development community.
    It is completely different, downloading a hacked app is like accepting a stolen banana, not stealing one yourself. I'm not the one cracking apps, doesn't mean I wont download a pre-cracked app. Doesn't make is necessarily legal, but if one can get away with it, it will happen.

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts

    Ya gotta love the rationales for stealing!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

    moppsy (07-17-2008)

  4. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hi all,

    a few months back i bought an ipod touch for my wife from an authorised apple reseller MEDIACENTER here in Karachi, Pakistan. Now the problem that i am facing is that ITunes is not available in Pakistan (even though they are selling IPods over here) and i cannot get the January 2008 update nor can i use the appstore.

    I read somewhere that apple doesn't give access to ITunes everywhere as copyrights laws are not stringent enough or aren't enforced properly in some countries which leads them to not offer ITunes and music downloads in all countries.

    I disagree (as the music is mostly DRM protected and i don't have any choice to download legal music anymore) but gave them the benefit of the doubt. However, i fail to see why the appstore is not available to me. Whats the problem now? i can buy software all over the net but not from the appstore. is it fair. why can't i use my touch to its full potential.

    i feel left out and not happy.

  5. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    It is completely different, downloading a hacked app is like accepting a stolen banana, not stealing one yourself. I'm not the one cracking apps, doesn't mean I wont download a pre-cracked app. Doesn't make is necessarily legal, but if one can get away with it, it will happen.
    I think a better comparison would be a someone placing the banana conveniently by the exit, with a slightly obstructed view on of security camera. You're still making the conscious effort to take something you do not own, and what's worse is that you know it's the wrong thing to do.

  6. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    There is a percentage taken into account by manufactures when producing, analyzing cost, profits, etc...

    That percentage, Amongst many, is determined based off of
    Defective units produced against actually units produced.

    That percentage is US and I assure you it is small
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

    I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

  7. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    you want a rationale for stealing? How about all the stolen labor hours from companies such as apple and microsoft walmart etc. You know how one guy makes 40 billion, while the people who help him make the money, still cant afford health insurance, much less afford to purchase the same products they sell. How about the fact that they sell you an iphone last year, when they know damn well know they will sell you a new one a year later, and yet another one next year. Why is it you buy an operating system, and one year later, they come out with a new one , and all new products work only on the new OS so you must upgrade for a fee?? Who is cheating who here? Maybe the developers get somewhat screwed in the end, but they should be getting PAID handsomely by these billion dollar corps who couldnt spend their profits in a lifetime.

    but i do agree that the developers arent really getting screwed. Fact is, i wouldnt have purchased any of the apps i had on my 1.1.4. and if they were not available to me free, i probably wouldnt have purchased an iphone in the first place. Hell, i can just as easily use a laptop with an aircard for a portable phone.

  8. #27
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    Like I said before, if people are not willing to pay a price then they will not pay it. Like if I cannot afford an xbox 360 then I wont get it, but if it is free then I will. The only difference here is that the developer does not loose any money like microsoft would on parts and such.
    Thats just completely wrong I feel, what if the app was sold at a reasonable price? Like your Xbox360 example, they set a price which is too expensive for you so you will not buy it. What happens if they lowered the price so you can afford it? Are you saying you will not buy the Xbox360 eventhough you can afford it, you want it and it's at a reasonable price. I understand where you are coming from but the argument is limited if you are talking about a good app.

  9. #28
    Livin the iPhone Life Chase817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts

    I knew this was coming

    why don't people just help out the dev??
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

  10. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Ya gotta love the rationales for stealing!
    Ok, mr. high and mighty.

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thats just completely wrong I feel, what if the app was sold at a reasonable price? Like your Xbox360 example, they set a price which is too expensive for you so you will not buy it. What happens if they lowered the price so you can afford it? Are you saying you will not buy the Xbox360 eventhough you can afford it, you want it and it's at a reasonable price. I understand where you are coming from but the argument is limited if you are talking about a good app.
    If the price was lowered to something I can afford, then yes I would pay. Like I said, I have donated/paid for apps so I have no problem paying a fair price for something I would use. However, in the app store lots of prices are unreasonable for certain apps, and those are the ones that will probably be targeted and cracked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase817 View Post
    I knew this was coming

    why don't people just help out the dev??
    Who says people wont? It's just that when you charge such a high price for things people tend to care less about how the price is determined and more about how they can get it cheaper. If they just lowered the price, I'm sure you would see tons more people willing to "help out" the developers.
    Last edited by harryding; 07-15-2008 at 11:19 AM.

  11. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    Who says people wont? It's just that when you charge such a high price for things people tend to care less about how the price is determined and more about how they can get it cheaper. If they just lowered the price, I'm sure you would see tons more people willing to "help out" the developers.
    The AppStore has literally been open for less than a week. Give it a couple of weeks or maybe a month for some concrete record sales to form so companies can go "well, looks like our app isn't selling because people buy the cheaper one instead, how can we compete?"

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  12. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    Ok, mr. high and mighty.
    Thanks for the props!

  13. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The AppStore has literally been open for less than a week. Give it a couple of weeks or maybe a month for some concrete record sales to form so companies can go "well, looks like our app isn't selling because people buy the cheaper one instead, how can we compete?"
    I'm not saying that im not patient, but others are not. If they can get it free before the prices come down, I'm sure people will choose free.

  14. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    I'm not saying that im not patient, but others are not. If they can get it free before the prices come down, I'm sure people will choose free.
    I wasn't aiming my reply at you but yeah, people need to learn a little bit of patience.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  15. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts

    Serisouly some of you need to come down. Im fine with open debating but the insulting is gonna stop now or else the threads getting closed and warnings are given. You know who you are, dont bother replying to this.
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

  16. #35
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    You see thats what I was saying. Businesses only want to make money, and in order for them to make money they will have to lower their prices in order for them to sell their goods and services. Music industry is one typical example of it. Remember before downloading, music costed us a bomb!

  17. #36
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    Its plain stealing. If someone doesnt think something is worth its asking price they simply dont buy it. You wouldnt do this with a Corvette would you? If its price is more than you think its worth, would you simply go take it for nothing? SIMPLY STEALING
    how can you put an iphone application on the same playing field as a Corvette.. That seems a little farfetched
    Hey guys, if you wouldn't mind taking five minutes out of your life to help a brother out... my sister just broke my current iphone and apple wouldn't give me a replacement cause i am past my warranty... i just need 5 more referrals to get my replacement iphone...I AM WILLING TO PAY YOU VIA PAYPAL TO HELP ME.. thanks!!!!
    follow this link here: http://www.iphones4free.com/default.aspx?r=1019560

  18. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life Chase817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ilettow View Post
    how can you put an iphone application on the same playing field as a Corvette.. That seems a little farfetched
    he is relating them on the stealing playing field; duh
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

  19. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You see thats what I was saying. Businesses only want to make money, and in order for them to make money they will have to lower their prices in order for them to sell their goods and services. Music industry is one typical example of it. Remember before downloading, music costed us a bomb!
    My point is just that unless they become cheaper before people find a way to pirate them, people will choose the pirate route.

  20. #39
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    seriously, with how much the iphone costed, how much the service plan costs, cmooooon got no money left over, working student, i see no difference, im just stoked and cant wait for some hacked apps because im not gonna buy em anyway cuz i dont have that kind of money to blow, so its not like theyre losing anything.

    If ANYTHING, someone will see me playing it and be like hey thats cool as ***** im gonna go get an iphone, then like 20 more people get that app. i know thers a lot of arguments against that, but still thats one thing that could and does happen.

  21. #40
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboyfromhell4 View Post
    cuz i dont have that kind of money to blow, so its not like theyre losing anything.
    You know the money goes to the developers of the game/app right andnot to apple. Most of the developers are poor college students like yourself.
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

    moppsy (07-17-2008)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts