Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camera/Video recorder app?

Default Camera/Video recorder app?
    Has anyone heard anything about Camera Pro or Snapture being release anytime soon in the App Store? What about the iPhone Video Recorder?
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 07-13-2008 at 02:48 PM.

I have the iPhone Video Recorder on my iPhone, works like a charm. Version 1.2.4.1 or something..
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Crap! Sorry. I meant to ask if/when it may show up in the App Store under V2.0. I loved using them under 1.1.4.

Ohshoot sorry, didn't read your original post properly. ;o
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    Ohshoot sorry, didn't read your original post properly. ;o
    Actually, you read it fine. I just changed it to be more clear.

Well, this IS in the AppStore App Discussion Forum.

Kinda makes you think of FW v2.0...
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but could we please drop the semantics and answer the question? I am very curious about the ability to properly record video on the iPhone.

...also very upset that this still isn't a standard feature for an iPhone...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kargod For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (07-31-2008), whateverman24791 (07-14-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kargod View Post
    Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but could we please drop the semantics and answer the question? I am very curious about the ability to properly record video on the iPhone.

...also very upset that this still isn't a standard feature for an iPhone...
    thank you i thought this crap would just keep goin on forever....if you look at snapature or any iphone video recorders website, most will tell you that they are trying to get it into the appstore and if not, just wait till the dev team releases the jailbreak

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (07-31-2008), sammo123 (07-14-2008)

yea it really should be standard feature on the phone
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Hell even with the jailbreak and certainly many many free apps to follow, I would still pay for only 3 apps. Copy Paste, Video, and MMS. I would be willing to pay $20 each for those apps that really should come standard.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    Hell even with the jailbreak and certainly many many free apps to follow, I would still pay for only 3 apps. Copy Paste, Video, and MMS. I would be willing to pay $20 each for those apps that really should come standard.
    It is really something that we are all so miserable without these things....

a) Copy/paste better be a free app from Apple since it is a feature that my 4 year old Motorola v300 has built in. Not a bonus "added feature."

b) MMS should be free because knowing the capitalist pigs that rule AT&T, we will be paying for an MMS package in addition to SMS and an "unlimited data" package.

c) My guess, based on Apple market strategy and existing circumstances, is that Video Apps probably won't be allowed on the App Store (at least will not be as polished as an Apple application)... I strongly believe that Apple is setting the stage for a new version of the iPhone next summer with a 5 mp camera and video recording. How else can they innovate their product line and convince people to buy more iPhones? By then the people who shelled out the big bucks ($650) at the release of the original iPhone will be up for 2 yr contract renewal and will be eligible to buy a new phone from AT&T... a perfect target customer base for Apple's new high end phone.

...just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by kargod View Post
    c) My guess, based on Apple market strategy and existing circumstances, is that Video Apps probably won't be allowed on the App Store (at least will not be as polished as an Apple application)... I strongly believe that Apple is setting the stage for a new version of the iPhone next summer with a 5 mp camera and video recording. How else can they innovate their product line and convince people to buy more iPhones? By then the people who shelled out the big bucks ($650) at the release of the original iPhone will be up for 2 yr contract renewal and will be eligible to buy a new phone from AT&T... a perfect target customer base for Apple's new high end phone.

...just my two cents...
    And I will most likely be getting that one as well. It's not a big deal to upgrade to bigger and better things, just like a computer.
    Good thing about the phone is that for the price you sell your current one for, you can pick up the new phone.

MMS.. I am really hoping will be released, if not.. the iPhone 3G has already been hacked, and SwirlySpace has said they're going to be porting it over.

The Video Recording app that works on 1.1.4 is also being ported over.

copy & Paste.. Last I heard, that was quite low on Apple's list. It's probably right before landscape keyboard for texting.
    wwjd

Green Apple
    Thanks

i hope some one makes this

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    And I will most likely be getting that one as well. It's not a big deal to upgrade to bigger and better things, just like a computer.
    Good thing about the phone is that for the price you sell your current one for, you can pick up the new phone.

MMS.. I am really hoping will be released, if not.. the iPhone 3G has already been hacked, and SwirlySpace has said they're going to be porting it over.

The Video Recording app that works on 1.1.4 is also being ported over.

copy & Paste.. Last I heard, that was quite low on Apple's list. It's probably right before landscape keyboard for texting.

As far as MMS support goes, you won't be seeing it was long as it's on AT&T's network. AT&T hasn't been happy about the amount of network usage by MMS and doesn't support it, which is why SwirlyMMS won't work on an iPhone on AT&T's networkl

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    As far as MMS support goes, you won't be seeing it was long as it's on AT&T's network. AT&T hasn't been happy about the amount of network usage by MMS and doesn't support it, which is why SwirlyMMS won't work on an iPhone on AT&T's networkl

I had it working on my AT&T iPhone up until the day I sold it. Just need to trick the system.
    wwjd

Discussion will be more useful for all of us.The reason and important of the discussion is because that there will be more introduction for new Technology.
    Thushara
    No spam
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-09-2009 at 09:17 AM.

^^^ I'm using Swirly on my AT&T iPhone. Works great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I thought this link would be useful here. I don't take credit for it as I saw it in this forum somewhere. Check it out.

The Apple Hack

Got a reply back from Snapture. Doesn’t look like we will be seeing a camera app or possibly a video recording app in the App Store any time soon. Evidentially there are some restrictions that will not allow it.

"Thanks for writing to us. The issue of porting Snapture over to the App Store is a bit more complicated than it may seem. Unfortunately, we have to work within the confines of what Apple will allow and approve and at this point in time we are not able to make an App Store compliant version of Snapture with a good user experience.

We hope that this will change in the future and we remain optimistic. Until things change on Apple's end however we will continue to develop Snapture for the jailbroken iPhone space only."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast