+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Review: Pandora

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Dev: Pandora Cost: Free Type: Radio Okay Pandora is a free app which allows you to listen to music you like How it works - After you make an account
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Review: Pandora
    Dev: Pandora
    Cost: Free
    Type: Radio

Okay Pandora is a free app which allows you to listen to music you like

How it works -
    After you make an account on Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music or on you iphone/ipot

you can create a station by clicking the + sign in the top left corner of you screen. this allows you to add in a song/band you like. once you have done this the application will search for music like that song or band and play that as well.

some notes:
    1)cant skip to many songs or it'll give you a warning.
    2)cant rewind or play specific songs due to licenses.
    3) will play if on hold but not after you hit home.

some pictures:

overall this app is amazingly awesome and FREE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Siiv3r For This Useful Post:

Trent J. (07-16-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

This app is the thing in the universe and it's mind-boggling that it's free. I would gladly pay $10 for this. It's THAT good.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    This app is the thing in the universe and it's mind-boggling that it's free. I would gladly pay $10 for this. It's THAT good.
    It's not that good

I rather have an app that streams music and videos from my computer or just from my itunes, so I can save a couple of gigs. The remote app is way better than what signal was, I'm assuming they can make a much better app than dottunes with the interface of remote using the SDK. Does this go against the Appstore agreement, if so they could just post it up in installer once they set up installer to install ".app" packages.
    Last edited by loujob; 07-13-2008 at 05:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nm.

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I the only one noticing that the Pandora feed on the iPhone is only medium quality mono sound? I can get nice stereo sound from AOL Radio, but I really like Pandora's selections better and the ability to skip a track you don't like is great.

I tried both via wifi and the quality of Pandora didn't get any better. Also I deleted and re-installed the app just to be sure it didn't default to some kind of low quality 'edge' connection mode. Of course the upside was that Pandora streamed fine in my car on an edge connection. AOL Radio limits your selection of stations to only those with lower bitrate when on edge - and when you switch back to wifi it makes all stations active.

Thanks

Well if they do use a lower quality file for the mobile version of pandora, the upside is that at some point (most likley) you won't even need the app -- once flash is actually implemented you'll be able to go to pandora.com just like you would on your computer (of course you'd need a 3rd party app like insomnia to keep the music playing with the screen off).