+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: app store price fair or not?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
well app store is finally out...now i been just surfing around looking at the apps/game ect... i notice that lot people complain that 9.99 a game is too much...as for
    Thanks

Default app store price fair or not?
    well app store is finally out...now i been just surfing around looking at the apps/game ect...

i notice that lot people complain that 9.99 a game is too much...as for the apps most say that they charge to much for that app..hope apple reads all the reviews from itunes

what do you think on the app store prices on games/apps.fair or too much..
    Last edited by pacmac; 07-11-2008 at 08:29 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have bought some apps/games from the appstore already. I wish they would allow us to try it first instead of buying and getting stuck with it if we dont like it.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coLAMbo View Post
    I have bought some apps/games from the appstore already. I wish they would allow us to try it first instead of buying and getting stuck with it if we dont like it.
    I couldn't agree more! A trial period would be awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

yeah like a demo....

but they do show you a small video on some.. but yeah a demo would be more of a good choice instead of just watching a vid..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm kind of in the middle with the pricing. Anything in the $9.00 plus range is gonna really make me think twice about purchasing. Business type apps probably justify higher, but it got to be good.

Unfortunately, I'm sure since there's a 30% hit from Apple, some of the pricing is inflated.

I had over $100 in apps on my s60v3 device, but not so sure I'll do that on my iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

correct, a demo/trial would be GREAT. I downloaded about 30 free apps yesterday, and ive only kept about 4 of them that makes me VERY hesitant to make a purchase
    as far as the pricing... eh. Some apps i can see being 10+, but i think a basis should really be 3-5 bucks. ****, i bought games on my nextel (2 of them) and they were like 5 bucks and they sucked. So theoretically the pricing is not off the wall

COME ON GOLDEN TEE! and a bowling game.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really wish that Southpark game had a demo, would have saved me $9.99...

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    hope apple reads all the reviews from itunes
    As much as I agree with you that some apps are clearly overpriced, Apple has NOTHING to do with pricing. It is 100% a decision of the developers.

That said, for being out one day, I think the AppStore is at a very early stage. Remember, devs can update and change prices on apps so I think its in everyone's interest to be a little hesitant these next coming weeks. Once the app market settles down companies and devs will have a good idea of the price range of apps and we'll start to see real pricing.

Also, I can understand why people would be hesitant to make demos, but I think a fair compromise would be to have a video instead of pictures in the store page.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 07-11-2008 at 09:29 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think they are over priced.... I will agree that I would like to try some out first before buying them myself.... as I hate it when you spend money and hate what you are stuck with when it comes to software.....

when I bought Bejeweled for my verizon phone it cost me $20.00 which I was not happy about that at all but wanted the game...

When I bought it for my computer it was the same price...

BUT when I got it for my iphone it was $10.00 less! I was happy about that....

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

well certain games that you just can't survive without like bejewled or enigmo i can see being more $, not say 9.99 but more along the lines of 4.99. even though its very hard to exchange games or just give to other people, i fell that someone out there is working right now to make this possible, and if not....the dev teams got our back jailbreaking the ***** outta it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (07-31-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Thanks

I think some pricing is high like 29.99 for a weather App. On games pricing seems good compared to the amount of development going into them.

I'd like to know what happened to 'Spore' the Game. Six months ago they had two engineers working for two weeks and had a working Demo at Apples news conference. So where is it?
    Last edited by chriscoyne; 07-14-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chriscoyne View Post
    I think some pricing is high like 29.99 for a weather App. On games pricing seems good compared to the amount of development going into them.

I'd like to know what happened to 'Spore' the Game. Six months ago they had two engineers working for two weeks and had a working Demo at Apples news conference. So where is it?
    its coming in september... Cellphones: iPhone Getting Multitouch Games, Including Spore, Super Monkey Ball

sry but dont kill the messenger

14. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (07-31-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whateverman24791 View Post
    well certain games that you just can't survive without like bejewled or enigmo i can see being more $, not say 9.99 but more along the lines of 4.99. even though its very hard to exchange games or just give to other people, i fell that someone out there is working right now to make this possible, and if not....the dev teams got our back jailbreaking the outta it

In other words sharing games that require purchase and thus stealing them??