+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Application Location...

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Are the applications installed from the AppStore located on the Media partition? Or will it remain as it did previously with the 1st Gen phone and be on the OS?
    Thanks

Default Application Location...
    Are the applications installed from the AppStore located on the Media partition? Or will it remain as it did previously with the 1st Gen phone and be on the OS? I am wondering this because I choked down for the 8GB phone, (I have a 160GB iPod) and just realized that very relevant question. Argh....

Reako

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

its hard to say until we can look at the file structer, if i was to guess it would be added to the media portion.
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if using itunes to get it on ur phone, i assume with confidence its not on the OS partition
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    if using itunes to get it on ur phone, i assume with confidence its not on the OS partition
    Same here. As far as Apple wants us to know there are no "partitions" just a magic 4 or 8 or whatever gig drive haha.

Lets be serious here, do you think most mac users or iphone users (besides the ones here) even know what a partition is?

Thanks

I guess what I really want to know is can I download too many apps from the App Store? Will my device start slowing down if I go crazy with all these new apps?

Wasn't the point of Boss Tool to move the apps to the media partition so that you wouldn't slow down or fill up the device if you put too much on the OS partition?

Thanks

The standard phone has the OS partition as read-only - that is why Apple does tricks to enable simple changes that would normally be done by modifying a file on the OS partition. (Such as they way the Weather.app icon is changed.)
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks

After you sync apps using iTunes, do you see less free space available on the device? If the answer is yes, wouldn't that mean those apps went into your media partition?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tracsim View Post
    After you sync apps using iTunes, do you see less free space available on the device? If the answer is yes, wouldn't that mean those apps went into your media partition?
    Correct.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    Lets be serious here, do you think most mac users or iphone users (besides the ones here) even know what a partition is?
    Absolutely! A disk partition is common knowledge to most computer users, as are words like formatting - including Mac users. Tell an iPhone user that their device has an operating system and RAM is treated as a disk, and they'll immediately know what a partition is.

Get off your pedestal.