+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking apps out of appstore ?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
ok what i notice is that when you download application you can simple drag it to desktop from your itunes. there you can extract it using expander and you will
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation Taking apps out of appstore ?
    ok what i notice is that when you download application you can simple drag it to desktop from your itunes. there you can extract it using expander and you will get usual .app folder.

but thing i dont know is can we manualy upload it to phone by SSH?
    can this be done with not free apps ?

now all we need is some one with jailbroken 2.0 and ssh or adf to try up this theory

so question remains when you take app from appstore/itunes, unpack it and upload it to phone amnualy will it work ?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

It might (and I say this lightly) work for free apps, but pay apps have DRM or whatever protection the iTunes Store uses. Also, for pay apps this would be the same as warez. Either way, I wouldn't delve much into it other than to know how apps are thrown into the iPhone for people working on non-approved 3-rd party apps can throw their apps through iTunes the same way most use custom ringtones.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

As Happy Noodle Boy said, for free apps that may be ok, but for paid apps that would be warez
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

the best way is to take out the apps from the appstore ....crack it ....then post it on the installer ....freaking awesome if possible ....everything will be free by then

5. The Following User Says Thank You to coolbeer1990 For This Useful Post:

stocis (07-11-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeer1990 View Post
    the best way is to take out the apps from the appstore ....crack it ....then post it on the installer ....freaking awesome if possible ....everything will be free by then
    Not going to happen.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tested it, and I got the startup splash to showup, but then it crashes and resets to the springboard. I set the permissions to 0755. Anybody else?

PS:
    This was done with MySpace.

EDIT:
    I really want to figure this out because I don't want to have to pay just to get three free apps.
    Last edited by Deluxa; 07-11-2008 at 12:03 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxa View Post
    I just tested it, and I got the startup splash to showup, but then it crashes and resets to the springboard. I set the permissions to 0755. Anybody else?

PS:
    This was done with MySpace.

EDIT:
    I really want to figure this out because I don't want to have to pay just to get three free apps.
    wait, u dont want to pay for free apps? then dont? or maybe im confused

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericmac017 View Post
    wait, u dont want to pay for free apps? then dont? or maybe im confused
    It was said that it'd cost money for iPod touch users. I don't have an iPhone

Thanks

He probably has an iPod Touch which would cost him to update to ver 2.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingAi View Post
    He probably has an iPod Touch which would cost him to update to ver 2.0
    Exactly, so can anybody work with me here?

Us iPod Touch users always get screwed...
    Last edited by Deluxa; 07-11-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks

I was messin with the eBay Mobile app (trying to get the icon changed, NOT trying anything naughty), and can't get it to work lol. Looks like I gotta re d/l it now...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Exactly, so can anybody work with me here?

Us iPod Touch users always get screwed...
    I feel you man. Why charge us even more? i mean the touch is about the same as the iphone in inital price...

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I was messin with the eBay Mobile app (trying to get the icon changed, NOT trying anything naughty), and can't get it to work lol. Looks like I gotta re d/l it now...
    its probably checksummed or something to prevent people from messing with it, im not too sure :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I feel you man. Why charge us even more? i mean the touch is about the same as the iphone in inital price...

its probably checksummed or something to prevent people from messing with it, im not too sure :P
    I really want a few of the free apps like myspace, remote, google, aim, and movies...

And I don't wanna pay for them. They are called FREE for a reason.

Thanks

I really want a few of the free apps like myspace, remote, google, aim, and movies...

And I don't wanna pay for them. They are called FREE for a reason.
    lol i guess. im not sure what direction that they are going in, why are they charging the iPod users?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol i guess. im not sure what direction that they are going in, why are they charging the iPod users?!
    I dunno, but they did this with the 1.1.3 app pack.

I hate how they screw people with iPods.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea what's up w/ that? that's lame. i have an iphone and an ipod touch, so that means i can get the free stuff for the iphone but not my ipod? i mean yea i use my iphone primarily but thats still gay how they screw over the ipod touch owners

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

To quickly answer why you have to pay for apps in a Touch: the Touch has no monthly bill attached to it.

EDIT: there's a longer, more detailed explanation somewhere but basically since the economic model of the touch doesn't involve paying monthly after the initial cost of the device, any service/app provided to it (for the exception of OS or critical elements) need to have a charge tied to it. I'm trying to google more information but the subject has always been weird.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 07-11-2008 at 06:19 AM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    To quickly answer why you have to pay for apps in a Touch: the Touch has no monthly bill attached to it.

EDIT: there's a longer, more detailed explanation somewhere but basically since the economic model of the touch doesn't involve paying monthly after the initial cost of the device, any service/app provided to it (for the exception of OS or critical elements) need to have a charge tied to it. I'm trying to google more information but the subject has always been weird.
    I bought this thing when it was brand new and I paid $300. This is the only thing I've ever paid more than $100 which doesn't have free firmware updates. I don't care if I don't pay them monthly, and I spent enough damn money on the device itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with the steps and stuff in installer, but I downloaded Remote, and changed the .ipa file to .zip and unzipped it. Inside was the Payload folder, with the app, iTunesArtwork file, and iTunesMetadata.plist.
    Should I try installing it on my 1.1.4? How? Do I drag a folder with everything in it to my iPod and let Installer do it? Or do I just drag the payload into my Applications folder.

Edit: I dragged the .app file, only, into the Apps folder, and it shows up. When you click it, it returns to springboard.

Edit2: I put the .plist and other file into mobile/Library, and no luck. Probably designed to not work....?
    Last edited by HylianHeroX; 07-11-2008 at 11:27 AM.

A not so Apple sig...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought this thing when it was brand new and I paid $300. This is the only thing I've ever paid more than $100 which doesn't have free firmware updates. I don't care if I don't pay them monthly, and I spent enough damn money on the device itself.
    Yes you paid $300 and you got what you paid for 1.1.4 firmware or whatever it is, if you want new features that apple is offering to the device then you pay for the service its very simple, other devices just have firmware updats that fix problems there device is having and those are free if apple ever needed to do that but there adding features which they don't have to offer the touch at all if they dont want too. People using an iPhone pay a monthly fee therefore get continues updates it makes total sense.