+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Texas Hold 'Em

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Price: $4.99 Developer: Apple Description: The title is a simulation game, meaning you aren't playing for real money, but you can play up to nine of your friends over a
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Texas Hold 'Em
    Price: $4.99
    Developer: Apple
    Description: The title is a simulation game, meaning you aren't playing for real money, but you can play up to nine of your friends over a WiFi network for in-game money.

According to Apple's description, you can switch between an immersive first person or top down perspective by rotating one's iPhone (see the screenshots below), and your virtual opponents will have "secret tells." The game also includes in-game hints, tips, statistics, and player ratings.

This is by far the best game i purchased so far. Its everything you wanted in a poker game. It keeps your stats, has mulitple locations to play with various buy-ins. So you have to work your way up through the ranks and the AI gets smarter as you play. You can also play thru multiplayer with up to 9 friends. And by far the coolest feature is if you tilt it than you enter first person mode. I highly recomend this game
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

gavko (07-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

this does look really well made game. cant wait to upgrade and get it but unfortunately i have att payg card so have to wait for activation program probably. dont want to risk it now and ending up with "slide to emergency" screen... question: do you know if you can play with folks over wifi only as "LAN" or can you play with real people thought "WAN" all over the world?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

alhonestly im not sure, i havent tried the multiplayer yet and there really isnt a good write up yet discussing it. When i try it ill be sure to let u know
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know Texas Hold 'em real well, but it looks like a really well made game. I might pick it up and learn some more.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll be honest: the whole first person view seems a bit gimmicky but if I can play without having to use it, I'll probably get it in the weekend.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I'll be honest: the whole first person view seems a bit gimmicky but if I can play without having to use it, I'll probably get it in the weekend.
    Ahonestly I dont use the first person view to much, but its funny to see the dealer give yo ua thumbs up every once in awhile. As for the first-person/thir-person. When you hold your phone upright its in first-person, than just tilt itside-ways and it keeps you in third person

Thanks
    plan on getting this game when they have a jailbreak method out cant go without some apps that the app store doesn't offer

iPhone 2g 8gb 2.2 pwned

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ok just tried the multiplayer, its not bad. You have to be on the same wifi network as the other players

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

feel bad for thTouch, this game blows it out the water. graphics and design and gameplay and other options. can't wait for the jailbreak/unlock, so many apps i wanna buy/try
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wtf! i cant listen to my ipod while playing! -1

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

really cool game which makes a lot of fun, but am I the only one who thinks the game somehow interferes with the chances of cards coming up and stuff like that? it seems there are A LOT of pocket pairs here and A LOT of bad beats ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Top Down view seems to be the only option for multiplayer. I'm old and can't see those tiny little icons. Has anyone else gotten mutliplayer to work in first person view?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just wondering before I decide whether to buy this--does the game auto-resume if you exit the game for the home screen? It would suck if you had to start over and didn't have hours to kill.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes it does ask you if you would like to resume your game or start a new one. Also I had a chance to play multiplayer at work with 4 other people, loads of fun. You get a slight vibration when it's your turn.

Highly recommended!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Buyer beware. This is a good game and the video effects are impressive, but the unfortunate byproduct is that the game is huge. It sits at about 127MB on your iphone (within a total partition of 500MB). Also, I've heard anecdotally that there could be spurious effects associated with this app as a few of us have experienced keyboard lags only after playing this game. A reboot is required to eliminate the subsequent lags.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys i got the app but when i try to start the multiplayer via wifi it doesnt let me connect is there a way to fix this or have to wait for an update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This app is not available in appstore anymore. Where can is get it? And the question remains, for others apps such"agile forces" where shall i get them?

Thanks

I've downloaded quite a number of Holdem apps, and while this one is pretty good, I'm pretty sure it 'cheats', that is, it doesn't really have a random deck, and will play cards that cause you to bust, or, when you fold a hand like a 5 and 2, will lay down five cards which contain two 5's and a 2. Yes, I know this can happen, and at the higher level rooms, it happens too often to be a coincidence.

Also, the computer players are idiots. More often than not, if you call an all in, you'll find that the players is holding a 3 and an 8, or some other similar junk. Or, the player is holding one ace or one king, so the all in game just becomes one of luck... you or the playing getting the card on the flop, turn, river.

For my money, the World Series of Poker free and pro games are a much more realistic play.