Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jott for iphone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Jott for iphone
    Price: Free
    Developer: Jott Inc.
    Details: Jott for iPhone is the ultimate mobile notepad that turns your voice into notes.

Ok first impressions - pretty cool. Although when you first install it, it will ask you to register it, no worries its free. Once you signup it will send you a SMS messgae and you have to reply to it for it to activate your account.

Now that you did all that you can use the program. You touch the screen to record a voice memo than it will encode it and eventually convert it to text and add it to a to-do looking list. Ive tried this many times and sometimes it would only take a few seconds, while other times a 5second memo took a few minutes to convert it and add it to my to do list. I guess i really cant complain too much since it was free.

Over-all impression, for its price its great but i think I might look for something a little bit better
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

I think it's an awesome concept, but it takes so long to transcode the audio into text that it makes this app just about useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    I think it's an awesome concept, but it takes so long to transcode the audio into text that it makes this app just about useless.
    Define so long. The idea of this app is to take a quick note to remind you later during the day or maybe throughout the week, not to instantly transcribe what you say 10 minutes after because if you can't remember what you said less than 10 minutes ago (which is what it usually has taken, sometimes more) you need a lot more than Jott.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Works well but it took several hours for the confirmation email to show up and the multiple SMS messages still haven't shown up (maybe sometime tomorrow morning). Having to call in to finish the setup seemed like a bit much too.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    Works well but it took several hours for the confirmation email to show up and the multiple SMS messages still haven't shown up (maybe sometime tomorrow morning). Having to call in to finish the setup seemed like a bit much too.
    ya i didnt do any of that, i just use it as a to do type app
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

I will have to do a better review buddy. Not sure you are using this t its full potential.

Look out for my review. Chris
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.