Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Good FM transmitters?

Default Good FM transmitters?
    Anyone recommend me a good FM transmitter? My range is up to $20ish (I know some good ones cost $40-$100).

I'm looking for a good one too..

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to use aux is better since none of the fm transmitter is good enough.
     Think Different

I have tried many FM transmitters but the reality is that the sounds quality on every one I've tried has been sub-par at best.

This past weekend I had the luxury of connecting my iPhone to a Sony head unit w/ iPod controls (both controls and sound through the 30 pin connector) and the sound was AWESOME!!!! it was a bit cumbersome to switch albums and artists through the head unit though.... you can only scroll through lists of either Artists or Albums so if you have more than one album per artist you have to scroll in Album view to get to them. Also, there was a 2-3 second delay between hitting the button and having the Artist or Album change to the next one which made scrolling kind of slow. Also you can't browse your music library from the head unit while listening to a particular album. Once you scroll to the next Artist or Album it automatically plays.

So, definitely a few moderately annoying drawbacks.... but the improvement in sound quality was undeniable and totally worth it. That being said, I'm gonna look for a head unit w/ iPod controls that addresses these issues. I hope I findd one.... wish me luck!!!