Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: does the chrystal clear screen film keep fingerprints off?

Default does the chrystal clear screen film keep fingerprints off?
    I'm thinking of buying one of the Chrystal Clear screen protectors. I was just wondering if it helped keep fingerprints off of the screen.

Anyone want to sell me their second one?

Also, these screens definitely CAN get scratched. I received an apple loaner phone that was absolutely trashed.

I bought the anti-glare protectors from an Apple store and they work well. I would imagine anything that is glossy will attract prints

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JonniNitro For This Useful Post:

mayflower2011 (05-14-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonniNitro View Post
    I bought the anti-glare protectors from an Apple store and they work well. I would imagine anything that is glossy will attract prints
    yea the best out there and always sold out at apple store
     Think Different

It does keep fingerprints off, but I also found that it takes away some of the clarity of the display, giving it a slightly grainy look. It's a trade-off because of the antiglare coating: you get antiglare and few fingerprints but lose some of the clarity.

Sorry, I misunderstood. The above is true for the Powersupport Anti-glare film set sold at the Apple Store. Haven't tried crystal clear.
    Last edited by PaulE; 10-06-2007 at 07:53 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulE For This Useful Post:

rxmxsh (10-06-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

the crystal clear film does not get as smudgy as jsut the bare screen.. but there's still quite a bit of finger grease things on the screen after a day's use

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ishtob For This Useful Post:

it gets prints just as easy, except its harder to get them off, with the stock glass a couple rubs on my shirt and its clean as day one.

with the covers its a pain in the but to get it clean again, and never try to "wash them" like they say you can, you will never reuse it..

I took mine off and went back to stock.

The crystal clear screen protectors are awesome; it's like they aren't even there. I bought a pack of two about 2 months ago, and I am still on the first one. When When I applied it to the screen it almost put itself on, no bubbles no scrape with a credit card. A+ item.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ishtob View Post
    the crystal clear film does not get as smudgy as jsut the bare screen.. but there's still quite a bit of finger grease things on the screen after a day's use
    i started with the anti-glare, but after a week i went to the crystal. IMO I like the crystal much better. To me, it's like stock...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    It does keep fingerprints off, but I also found that it takes away some of the clarity of the display, giving it a slightly grainy look. It's a trade-off because of the antiglare coating: you get antiglare and few fingerprints but lose some of the clarity.

Sorry, I misunderstood. The above is true for the Powersupport Anti-glare film set sold at the Apple Store. Haven't tried crystal clear.
    I bought the anti glare film and absolutely love it!
    there is a slight visable difference in screen clarity, but IMHO it still looks superb and not having to wipe off fingerprints EVERY time I touch the screen more than makes up for it.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I got my iPhone invisi-Shielded. No finger prints, no problems. And there is no need to keep changing them. Best 18 dollars I have spent on my phone.
    8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

i use the crystal clear one, works great, wouldnt say it stops fingure prints tho...

I dont get it.. The screen is glass. VERY hard to scratch...

oh nah nah!
    hand it to you girlfriend to put in her purse(that just HAs to be ful of keys)
    and take a good look at it
    lol

hey are we talking about the
    "Power Support Crystal Film Set for iPhone"?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    I dont get it.. The screen is glass. VERY hard to scratch...

Not necessarily true.

Mine has been babied and has a very small (albeit nearly invisible) scratch, but its certainly there.

I also received a loaner from apple that had scratches and dings all over it.

I would say regardless of whether you are worried about the screen or not, the anti glares biggest feature is its ability to thwart fingerprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyc View Post
    hey are we talking about the
    "Power Support Crystal Film Set for iPhone"?

Yes, mainly, but others have been mentioned too.
    Last edited by ninepins; 11-10-2007 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ninepins For This Useful Post:

actually I don't get what is the difference between the crystal film and the anti-glare film, can someone tell me?
    andhas anyone tried the brand boxwave?
    Last edited by Jackyc; 11-10-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyc View Post
    actually I don't get what is the difference between the crystal film and the anti-glare film, can someone tell me?
    andhas anyone tried the brand boxwave?
    I've never used the crystal film, but apparently it's almost unnoticeable when it's on. The anti glare film has more of a matte finish, kills the glare, and doesn't get fingerprints. Think of the aesthetic difference between the glossy macbook pro screens and the regular ones...if you've seen them.

I'm deciding between the brand "invisible shield" and "boxwave", which one is better?

the ANTI-GLARE film is WAYYYYY BETTER than the crystal clear film!! i tried the anti-glare one first before trying the crystal clear one and i like it a lot better because the fingerprints on the crystal clear film is way more noticable.. especially because there's a shiny glare on the screen.

Anti glare is sooo awesome it works awesome. You can see NO fingerprints and the name describes it perfectly i tested it out in the sun and there is no glare at all. I think it was worth my 15 bucks. Have had it for about a month now and it still sticks very well.
    MyPhone is better than yours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast