+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPhone 5 And old chargers. Anyone have the same issue

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So I have tons of the original wall chargers from all the devices that I have had in the past. I have them plugged in to almost every outlet in
    Thanks

Default The iPhone 5 And old chargers. Anyone have the same issue
    So I have tons of the original wall chargers from all the devices that I have had in the past. I have them plugged in to almost every outlet in my house.

So the other day I'm sitting on the couch and I plug my new phone in and I started trying to use it when I noticed that the screen was not as responsive. It's almost like the slider would stutter and stick or not respond at all. @ first I thought it was an issue with the phone and was going to get pissed but then I decided to try and use the new stock charger and see if that would make a difference, I had no issue with the new charger.

So i'm thinking their is a difference in current or something along those lines to affect the functionality of the touch screen. I'm no electrical engineer or anything even close but I assume if I continue to use the chargers that it may have a bad effect on the internals over time.

Anyone have the same issue, or experience the same type of deal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

the USB charging adapters put out +5 volts. even tho they changed from a 30pin to an 8pin cable, it shouldnt make a difference.
    you should be able to use all the USB wall chargers for almost any device that charges with USB cable without issue.

Thanks

I don't understand what could be causing this issue then. I'm going to try and see if I can isolate it to maybe just one wall charger that is going bad, or see if it is all of the unit's that I currently have with the exception of the one that was shipped with my iPhone 5. Thanks for the input on the voltage though, that rules out that theory.

Green Apple
    Thanks

let us know how it turns out.

i charged my iPhone5 with another brand USB wall charger. had none of the symptoms you speak of.