+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to buy high quality iPhone charger and cable ?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ok so I bought iPhone 3GS from craigslist and I got only the phone. Now I have to buy a charger and cable. There are tons of cheap options on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Where to buy high quality iPhone charger and cable ?
    Ok so I bought iPhone 3GS from craigslist and I got only the phone. Now I have to buy a charger and cable. There are tons of cheap options on eBay and amazon but I am skeptical about its quality.
    The apple original one is expensive at 29$+tax, so I am looking at other options which are cheaper than the original but of higher quality ?
    Any suggestions ?
    I am also ok with used original ones. I did see on ebay that people are selling used for under 10$.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,700 Times in 5,959 Posts

I wouldn't be hesitant buying a cheap one on eBay, I have bought all kinds and never had an issue. Save a few bucks would be my call.

Thanks
    I did see some on ebay with one seller have 40,000+ sold
    It is less than a 3$ for each of the cable+cube

Here is one link...

AC Wall Charger Adapter+USB Data Sync Cable for iPod Touch iPhone 3G 3GS 4G 4S | eBay

I might bit the bullet on this one. Lets see.

Thanks

Great deal, great seller. Sounds like a winner.

Thanks
    Ok so i got that particular charger and cable delivered today and it seems the charger is making the phone act weird. With the charger and cable plugged into my iPhone 3GS, the phone was acting weird. The touchscreen was not responding properly and registering incorrect taps. Also everytime i bought the task manager up and tried to close the programs, the task manager would just close. This does not happen without the charger.
    In order to check further i used the ebay cable and original apple charger and that worked fine and caused no such problems on phone. So i believe the charger cube is the culprit.

I am not really going for a refund or anything and will be buying the charger from some other reliable place.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Huh, hopefully the charger is the problem, but my guess is that it is possibly the dock connector on the phone itself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Huh, hopefully the charger is the problem, but my guess is that it is possibly the dock connector on the phone itself.
    It cant be dock connector on phone because when i use original iPhone charger and cable (that i have from my iPhone 4) or the original charger + the ebay cable combination, everything works fine. So i am pretty sure the ebay charger cube is bad.

Thanks

Misunderstood you, thought you didn't have a charger. Typically if you have a mis-match, you get an error saying "not supported with this device", that's why I made that assumption.

Thanks
    Update:

So I asked the eBay seller for a replacement and he did send it promptly. But unfortunately that too seems bad. I tried even with my iPhone 4S and the too starts acting weird. If you are someone who will not use phone while it is charging then it is fine. But that does not leave a margin for error where this charger might damage the phone.
    So I am back to square one.
    I see some AT&T charger black colored too on eBay. Is that good as well ?
    I also checked mono price but there is only one charger there which has 2 USB ports but although it is rated as 1A but that is 500mA per USB port so I am guessing that is less than what an iPhone requires. It might charge but I will be slow I believe.

Any options ?