+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken screen repair for IPhone 4?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My wife had her iPhone 4 slip out of a pocket this evening and land screen first in the street. The screen pretty much shattered although the phone is still
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Broken screen repair for IPhone 4?
    My wife had her iPhone 4 slip out of a pocket this evening and land screen first in the street. The screen pretty much shattered although the phone is still in perfect working order. Any idea how much it costs to get a new one put on by Apple? If we repair though them would it affect the warranty? Fortunately we kept our old 3GS phones so she can use it while being repaired.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think it would cost around 200 dollars at the Apple store. Not sure about the warranty.

Thanks
    It would cost you around $199-$200. 3rd party services might be cheaper than this.

The Truth About iPhone Screen Repair - Business Insider

Green Apple
    Thanks

They are like $30 on amazon and there are plenty of guides on how to do it yourself. Replaced 3 myself, the only bad part was that I have cats/dogs and a lot of hair got in there because I was pretty much not careful at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree with darwina, you can look online for a bunch of resources on step by step guides to lower the cost drastically.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ebay / Amazon has cheaper parts (however the lower the price the lower the quality.) I know Cowboy had listed a few good sites to check out for good parts, they would run from 40-60$.

Also it would technically void your warranty since you would have to open the device and an unauthorized individual would have to take apart the iphone. directfix and ifixit have really good tutorials!

Good luck.. watch the youtube videos first its a pain if its your first time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Best iPhone protection that I've found
    You can protect you phone with Military grade D30 technology. It contains a gel that locks together on impact protecting your phone and is impactology approved.

Check it out here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/iphone...ownhome/Topic1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    99.00 for IPhone 130.00 for iPod 150.00 for iPad was just there last week and these were the prices given to me by s store salesperson.

Quote Originally Posted by SJPajek View Post
    99.00 for IPhone 130.00 for iPod 150.00 for iPad was just there last week and these were the prices given to me by s store salesperson.
    I was also told there is NO WARRANTY on ANY glass fixture on any of their products, in other words if it breaks you own it no matter what the reason. I say this because the salesperson said that phones, pods and pad screens can break do to a BATTERY MALFUNCTION, the battery as it gets older gets very hot in use and during a re charge, if not replaced (also a consumable fixture) in time the battery gets hot enough to EXPLODE, so as a safety measure they have been engineered to split apart so they WILL NOT explode. They will however, break the display glass as a result. Keep this in mind as your units batteries get older!
    Last edited by SJPajek; 03-22-2013 at 11:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like many have said, if you or know someone who is comfortable putting together computer and electrical parts, buying parts on ebay and amazon would be a good choice and getting that person to help you fix it. I was lucky enough to get mine fixed from a friend's friend for 30 bucks + parts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do them for 65$ If you'd like you can mail it and ill have it back in the mail the following day

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Most of the cell phone accessories selling at Basicase.com are unbranded and no logo printed on them.