+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 charger caught fire

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
just moments ago, for no particular reason, my iphone charger started cracking and burned... smoke was all over it... my question is, what to do now? my warranty for iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 charger caught fire
    just moments ago, for no particular reason, my iphone charger started cracking and burned... smoke was all over it...
    my question is, what to do now? my warranty for iphone expired one month ago, the phone is ok, but am i insured for this kind of situation? in Croatia we dont have apple stores, only authorised resellers... is this a case to contact apple directly?
    thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think you'd have to buy new charger for your iphone...the charger may have fallen or hit anything which may have caused this sort of issue. You can contact Apple for this, but I don't think it'll lead to any satisfactory reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That's happened before to others. This is quite a fault by manufacturer. Even if you're out of warranty, if you can still try to take it to wherever you got the phone from. It never hurts to try. You could also try contacting Apple online and see if they'll do anything about it for you. Since you're out of warranty though, nothing is guaranteed. You definitely want to contact Apple and whomever you purchased the device from (assuming you got it new at a retail store).

Green Apple
    Thanks

sounds terrible. you'd better buy new charger for your iphone.